Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed an order. See sig. Will the wait kill me ? I think it'll be worth it though :D

· Registered
378 Posts
Hi Bob and congratulations. The wait won't kill you but in my experience you will want to keep heavily involved with this forum until she arrives.

· Registered
333 Posts
Hi Bob!
Welcome to the forum. The wait wont kill you, but time will sure drag, but its so worth it.
Gavsters right the forum really keeps you going,

· L as in LAnMarc
188 Posts
G'day Bob.
I've been waiting just over 6 months (6 months, 10 days, 7 hours; but who's counting).
Dropping into this forum 2 or 3 times a day hasn't been as frustrating as I thought it might have been by not having an EOS, and has almost stopped me from going crazy!
Try not to think too much about the wait.

Regards
Leo

Hey Denny, you haven't changed your signature yet! :rolleyes:

· Registered
129 Posts
I think it'll be worth it though :D
It sooo is!!

Why the long wait? Have delivery times gone out again? Mine arrived in 14 weeks.

...Just looked at the calendar and that makes it almost Christmas so I guess that's about the same! I'll get back to work and shut up:eek:

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sooo is!!

Why the long wait? Have delivery times gone out again? Mine arrived in 14 weeks.

...Just looked at the calendar and that makes it almost Christmas so I guess that's about the same! I'll get back to work and shut up:eek:

I guess I won't know for sure until my order gets into the factory system. I can but hope for an earlier arrival !

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...and perhaps my wait is not going to be as long as expected. Dealer rang today and said he'd been told my car should arrive next week :D

He wasn't 100% sure about this as it had taken them by surprise with no prior indication it was even being built. He's going to contact me next week for an update.

Fingers crossed that I'm only days away from my EOS !

· Registered
799 Posts
...and perhaps my wait is not going to be as long as expected. Dealer rang today and said he'd been told my car should arrive next week :D

He wasn't 100% sure about this as it had taken them by surprise with no prior indication it was even being built. He's going to contact me next week for an update.

Fingers crossed that I'm only days away from my EOS !
Bril Bob, you will love the car even though our weather is on the change now.
some sort of competiton going to see who will attempt to drive with the roof down at the lowest temperature!!!!! I think its Simon so far.
Gary

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bril Bob, you will love the car even though our weather is on the change now.
some sort of competiton going to see who will attempt to drive with the roof down at the lowest temperature!!!!! I think its Simon so far.
Gary
Probably not me. In retrospect I should have gone for the Winter pack with heated seats.

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well BobP any sign of your Eos?
Nothing heard. The dealer was somewhat vague and just said he'd be in touch sometime this week. I got the feeling he wasn't entirely convinced my car was going to turn up as the notification he'd got had come out of the blue.

· Registered
36 Posts
I find it irritating that the dealers in the UK seem to know so little about likely delivery times. On looking at the VW Vortex forum, it seems as though dealers in the US particularly are more clued up - or at least make it their business to find out where their customers' cars are and when they are likely to arrive. There is apparently a portal which dealers can log into to find out build date, date at port etc. Am I being harsh on UK dealers ?

P

1,129 Posts
I suspect not. Looking at the posts here about problems and replacements I would think that this would cause problems with slippage in promised delivery dates. Since I suspect that we are less than 10% of the ownership worldwide there are quite a few manufacturing problems with the Eos. Thankfully the majority are OK as when they work well they are fantastic!

However I sure do think that the dealers could be more proactive in getting their customers updates say on a monthly basis or more regularly on a weekly basis as its getting closer to EDD.

· Registered
799 Posts
Nothing heard. The dealer was somewhat vague and just said he'd be in touch sometime this week. I got the feeling he wasn't entirely convinced my car was going to turn up as the notification he'd got had come out of the blue.
BobP, once your car has been built your dealer should be able to go online and track it - our's did - and he should be able to tell you when it leaves Germany after its PDI and when it's arriving in the U.K. etc. Get back to him and get him and ask him to find out if it's been built and when, then he will be able to get you some answers. Good Luck.
Gary

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update is that it's in the UK and I've arranged to take delivery on the 7th (need to get the money sorted as it's arrived much sooner than expected).

:D :D :D

· Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bob p are you financing
No, I just have to move the money out of a savings account which takes a few days.

Incidentally, I took up the 7 days free insurance offer today and they gave me a quote for the year which sounded promising at £293.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.