Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I am seriously thinking of buying and Eos, TDI. Any suggestions about what extras to have apart from Cruise Control which is a must for me

·
Registered
49 Posts
So you want to come over to the dark side with diesel power for the Eos. I have said car which will be my toy for a year before selling on. This car had big boots to fill in the shape of a Golf GTi 200ps. As for options, I decided to have a few which would help resale especially in the London area where I shall advertise it. Obvious is paint, mine is silver (with a hint of blue). Silver cars always sell and stay clean. Leather is a must, find a 20k without it! I have black as always sells well and looks classy. The TDi Sport only has 4 speakers, though I haven't heard that stereo, This should be upgraded to hear it roof down (and passers by to hear it too). Now we are going into personnel preferences, I have gone for 18" Chicargo wheels for out & out good manly looks, but some of the other 17' optional wheels look fab. DSG is for "drivers and city dwellers" and sat nav is a rip off when after market Tomtom type things are cheaper and interchangable. If i didn't have kids I would have concidered the windbreak. it is half the price of an aftermarket one!
Hope that helps and I can advise more if req'd.
RgdS Paj.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the 2.0 TDI Sport.

I'd reccommend the sport model. As for extras, I took the luxury pack which is great value at £265. You get rain sensing wipers, dusk sensing lights, folding heated wing mirrors, footwell illumination and headlamp washers (I think this is part of the luxury pack, I wasn't expecting these).

Metallic paint is a must and I also took the black leather interior.

I considered different wheels, but the 17 inch solitude alloys really do look great which is standard for this model.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Darren I bet I pay the least without someone else footing the bill. I pay 30pence a litre for diesel. Petrol is 27 pence. Work that one out!:)
RgdS Paj
PS In my reply to ASP1e I ment to say you don't see a 20K plus convertable without leather.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Paj,

Yup, you pay a lot less than me lol. Diesel costs me approx 97 pence per litre, give or take a couple of pence depending on where I fill up.

It takes £46 to fill my tank and I get between 450 and 500 miles for this. I do a lot of motorway driving however.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Happy to help..............

Ask what you want!! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
We have just purchased an Eos in Australia and just think it is the best car we have ever had, we have had a SAAB and a Lexus GS400, and think this is much better quality and a lot more fun. We found upgrading the sound system was not necessary as it is pretty dam good, the G.P.S is really not that good and a hand held is a much better option, and we went for the 6 speed aut gear box , matallic paint and red nappa leather. Would have liked the Zenon headlights but you can install those yourself for half the price.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Hi ive just ordered my eos 2.0 sport tdi it comes in march i ordered the 18" chicago alloys, full cornsilk beige nappa leather (car is island grey) i put the luxury pack on, multi function steering wheel, wind deflector, and my dash in half titanium black and half cornsilk beige :)

BWT the sport ive ordered has 6 speakers not 4 i dont know if they have changed that it also has a 6 disc multi changer.

Stephb xx

·
Registered
799 Posts
Two must have's - the windbreak and the iPod connection in the armrest.
Your down in Bath (I assume U.K.) so probably would'nt really need the bum warmers, but they are great if you want to do some winter driving with the roof down.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Disagree.... I think heated seats are a must! Although if you forget they are on, it does feel like you wet yourself! LOL

·
Registered
682 Posts
Thanks for that i couldnt remember and couldnt be bothered to get my folder out haha! :)

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Two must have's - the windbreak and the iPod connection in the armrest.
Your down in Bath (I assume U.K.) so probably would'nt really need the bum warmers, but they are great if you want to do some winter driving with the roof down.

If you order leather you get the seat heating whether you like it or not! It's something to do with leather always being cold when you sit on it first thing in the morning!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
12 Posts
options

in decending order( go down as far as you can afford.)

DSG
Paint Black/silver/Blue
Leather(includes heated seats)
Sport
Chicago alloys
MFD steering
Lux pack
Xenons

options not really worth unless ur feeling rich
sat nav- slow and cannot do full postcode search
sterring wheel paddles to shift gears

·
justcarkits
109 Posts
Sensible options:
Leather (std is fine)
Luxury pack (folding mirrors, auto lights, rain sensor for wipers, etc) - £ 265
Sport has 8 speakers as standard
Dual Zone climate
Cruise control
Other 17in alloys (tyres for the 18ins are much more expensive)

Others:
If you are going to fit a handsfree car kit recommend the steering wheel controls as these can be used with a Parrot 3000 / CK3100 / MK6000 and soon the MK6100

don't bother with the factory satnav (it's very overpriced)
iPod interface is debatable as have fitted an MK6100 which supports music over Bluetooth (from your phone - A2DP)

Pick a decent colour - go Paprika Red - looks far better than in the brochure...

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Seems to me everyone has different ideas about what extras a car should have.

You really have to decide for yourself what you fancy and - provided you can afford it - go for it.

Personally think there are one or two 'must haves' which most people seem to order and which a used buyer will probably expect: e.g. leather, metallic paint. Very useful extras such as a Winter Pack would be a must for me but people are reluctant to pay for things they can't actually see, so it's always the highly visible things people go for, e.g. Chicagos.

You pay your money and take your choice.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Eos TDI [best of the range]

ASP1c

EOS TDI fantastic car, however I have to sell mine [Big regret] I have posted a thread, please read.

Good hunting.

Just to let you know I get 60mpg on motorway journeys at 70mph!! not bad.

Regards

Terry

·
1,129 Posts
Sorry to hear your are getting rid of your Eos, we will loose another contributing member of the forum (they seem to be few and far between). Best wishes and may your next car be as good as your Eos.

Regards

1 - 20 of 20 Posts