Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2008 EOS, every now and again when driving the car makes three faint beeps. There is no screen display which accompanies the beeps (ie like the seatbeat or fuel warning).
Does anybody know what my car is trying to tell me?

Thanks,
Debbie

·
Registered
304 Posts
As soon as you hear them, have a look at the Multi-Function Display. You may see it's showing outside air temperature, with a snowflake symbol, for a few seconds before going back to what's selected. ;)

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Hi,
I have a 2008 EOS, every now and again when driving the car makes three faint beeps. There is no screen display which accompanies the beeps (ie like the seatbeat or fuel warning).
Does anybody know what my car is trying to tell me?

Thanks,
Debbie
I've had these too!
It's nothing to do with the ice-warning as it sounds completely different from that. I cannot fathom out what they are at all. They don't seem to warn of anything and sound like they're coming from the radio! They only happen when you get in and switch on in my car, and then only perhaps once every 4 or 6 weeks. Ideas anyone?
Have you got Bluetooth? Maybe something to do with that?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep, I garentee it has something to do with the TP programme on the radio. Keep the display on RADIO and I bet when you hear the beeps, the display goes from TP to No TP. The TP has something to do with receiving traffic updates via radio stations that transmits these signals ( I think). In Australia, we have no radio stations that transmit this data, but some do have this option enabled, so for me, when I go through a bad reception area the No TP comes up (only for a second or two) but produces these beeps. Took me months to work out where these beeps came from. The manual doesn't describe this function. You can disable the TP function in the menu of the stereo.

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Yep, I garentee it has something to do with the TP programme on the radio. Keep the display on RADIO and I bet when you hear the beeps, the display goes from TP to No TP. The TP has something to do with receiving traffic updates via radio stations that transmits these signals ( I think). In Australia, we have no radio stations that transmit this data, but some do have this option enabled, so for me, when I go through a bad reception area the No TP comes up (only for a second or two) but produces these beeps. Took me months to work out where these beeps came from. The manual doesn't describe this function. You can disable the TP function in the menu of the stereo.

Good thinking and you could well be right! I'll watch the radio screen carefully next time it happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had these too!
It's nothing to do with the ice-warning as it sounds completely different from that. I cannot fathom out what they are at all. They don't seem to warn of anything and sound like they're coming from the radio! They only happen when you get in and switch on in my car, and then only perhaps once every 4 or 6 weeks. Ideas anyone?
Have you got Bluetooth? Maybe something to do with that?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
We have an EOS 2008 and are experiencing this as well. Did you ever find out what it was?

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
When you leave the turn signal stalk in the up or down position or accidentally knock it, this puts on one side light for parking on U.K cars. As soon as you remove the key the dash goes dark but you get (3?) dings (with no MFD display message) warning that you left the parking light on. Next time go have a look at your lights. In daylight you might not notice them on and it's caught me out a few times, usually because I may have to rock the steering wheel a little to help the lock engage and my wrist knocks the stalk. With Auto RLS lights the parking function may be disabled during daylight which adds to the puzzle of making the connection of the dings. I can't remember if parking lights are cancelled at next key on and you just get the turn signal flashing as normal, but if so that makes it even harder to figure out.

Snowflake low temperature warning is a similar puzzler because it occurs so infrequently and whilst driving you are trying to figure out what's wrong with the car when it's an information warning. If you have the cockpit display dim like I do to reduce eyestrain, the snowflake isn't so easy to spot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you leave the turn signal stalk in the up or down position or accidentally knock it, this puts on one side light for parking on U.K cars. As soon as you remove the key the dash goes dark but you get (3?) dings (with no MFD display message) warning that you left the parking light on. Next time go have a look at your lights. In daylight you might not notice them on and it's caught me out a few times, usually because I may have to rock the steering wheel a little to help the lock engage and my wrist knocks the stalk. With Auto RLS lights the parking function may be disabled during daylight which adds to the puzzle of making the connection of the dings. I can't remember if parking lights are cancelled at next key on and you just get the turn signal flashing as normal, but if so that makes it even harder to figure out.

Snowflake low temperature warning is a similar puzzler because it occurs so infrequently and whilst driving you are trying to figure out what's wrong with the car when it's an information warning. If you have the cockpit display dim like I do to reduce eyestrain, the snowflake isn't so easy to spot.
It happens while driving 🤔 There are no warning light and nothing happens - it just makes the sound. We checked if it could be TP on the radio - but it does not make a difference if it is on or not And it is not the snowflake warning either.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
It's a mystery then? These are the usual places that make warning noises:
Behind the dash - usually dings.
The reversing warning beeper.
The ECU internally, but usually very quiet. I only hear mine with the hood up after key on.
Possibly something in the radio?

When the radio is turned off it's probably still active but on in standby? You could eliminate the radio by pulling its fuse or the plug at the back? You need to locate it and the best way is to stick an empty cardboard toiler roll in your ear and your finger in the other and start searching.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's a mystery then? These are the usual places that make warning noises:
Behind the dash - usually dings.
The reversing warning beeper.
The ECU internally, but usually very quiet. I only hear mine with the hood up after key on.
Possibly something in the radio?

When the radio is turned off it's probably still active but on in standby? You could eliminate the radio by pulling its fuse or the plug at the back? You need to locate it and the best way is to stick an empty cardboard toiler roll in your ear and your finger in the other and start searching.
It is indeed a mystery 🤗 Thank you for your suggestions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts