Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Forum Members,

As you know tires change yearly. I am now looking for your opinions if you have purchased new tires lately. I am looking for a quiet ride on the highway and will need tires that have good handling in rain. The current ones I think are not the original. They are Pirellis 235/40 R 18 95H. I see reviews on Discount Tire and Tirerack but was interested if anyone had new ones they love on an EOS.

Thank you in advance for your time!

·
South Australian Owner
212 Posts
Toyo Proxes C100- quiet and good wearing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have General Altimax RT 43 on my 2007 Eos for about a year and I like them quite a bit. I had the same tire (but smaller all around) on a Honda and they were great, especially in snow. Haven't driven the Eos in much snow yet since the pandemic limits my driving. But they have been good in dry and wet weather and seem to be pretty quiet with a smooth ride. I generally try to go with Tirerack consumer ratings for my tire purchases and I find them generally reliable.

I have BF Goodrich ADVANTAGE T/A SPORT tires on my wife's 2017 Honda CRV and I like them. They may be a little noisy but it is hard to tell since the CRV, like most Hondas, is noisy anyway. I do most of my driving in the CRV and I have no complaints on the tires beyond the possible noise.

·
Life is good... so far
1,070 Posts
Tires are subjective I have 17 inch tires on mine and have mainly used Michelins and have liked them very much. Many Eos with 18 inch came Pirelli tires. But there are many good tires out there at different price points. The ones most liked seem to be Pirelli, Michelin, Continental, General. Yokohama and Bridgestones. Kumho gets some mentions as well. If you like what you had go with them. The ratings on Tire Rack are informative but I have not seen many on an Eos. What ever you get make sure they are XL rated. They handle tire loading better and recommend by VW. What ever you get, don't cheap out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts