Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

move been to the VW garage and they tell me my EOS can take a tow bar (I’m near the Trent and fancy a little tow boat and maybe a small caravan) - they want a joke amount of money for it, of course.

Dear lovers of the EOS - has anyone got the necessary parts at a realistic price that they can send to me. I’m after the tow bar and the electrics.

Payment via bank transfer or Paypal, as you wish.

Not sure I’m in the right thread stream to ask but I’m asking. I’m in and out so bear with, if you can help please do.

Very much appreciated. My car is called Hamish, an all black, silver chrome, 2 Litre TDi monster and is running like a charm.

Good Iuck to all, I hope one of you can help me.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Hope you've got some serious money? An EOS towbar requires a new (painted) rear bumper with cutouts and a compartment. The only compatible towbar kit is Westfalia with plug in ball and you need the Canbus gubbins to make it all work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, the guys with the 18' black alloys keep ramping them into walls so I hope to get happily lucky on the back of the sadly unlucky.

Thank you, though, vox - you sure know your EOS stuff.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
I looked into this some years ago. I've fitted many cars with aftermarket tow bars with non of this Canbus control to worry about. What really miffed me was VW produced a special rear bumper as an option on a new EOS when they could have made them all generic to add a tow bar at a later date. I accepted the Westfalia kit price but replacing and painting the bumper was just a bridge too far on my pocket. Some have made their own cutouts in the standard bumper to take the 'plug in' ball. IMHO you could tuck the electrics socket underneath and behind for the number of times it might be needed. It just means grovelling underneath to hook up electrics.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have any links to the right towbar and any instructions for connection, vox?

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
From what I remember Westfalia is the brand fitted by V.W.? Plug your EOS Reg into their website:
At the time I looked, Witter didn't do one. I think you can do better on prices if you shop around once you decide what you want. Some adjustment for the reversing sensors may be needed if they see the ball.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts