Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know why my EOS intermittantly gives me a triple warning tone? I thought it had to do with my speed warning, but that only gives off an anemic single tone. I went to the dealer and they could not explain what it was--there were no dealer alerts about these tones--they thought it was from the speed warning or a warning that my top was not seated property--but the tones come on when the top is up or down and I am driving at almost any speed. I saw that someone on these posts had discerned that it was related to the radio being tuned to a station that has a traffic warning feature--that the tones were coming from the radio. But I never heard of a traffic warning feature coming from a radio station in the U.S. I have a traffic warning feature on a satnav that I have purchased separately, but it talks to me. I clearly get these warning tones from the car, not the satnav, because I get them even when the satnav isn't even in the car! And, if someone has found how to turn off that feature on the stereo, how do you bring up that feature on the stereo--I read the manual, and nothing is said about a traffic warning feature and I tried pushing every button on the stereo to try to find it as well. Help!!! These tones are driving me batty!!

·
493 Posts
Could it be a faulty seatbelt sensor? or does it happen when you are stationary.

·
Super Moderator
2,265 Posts
Could it be a faulty seatbelt sensor? or does it happen when you are stationary.

I recall an earlier post in this forum from some time back where a heavy handbag on the passenger's seat triggered an alarm.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I drove a couple of miles with no belt on the other day.It started off with a low chime,when I ignored that it went to a higher pitch.Then the wife chimed in as well,so I relented and put my belt on.

I think if I`d carried on the roof would have come down,followed by me being ejected from the car;)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts