Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
bruhaha917
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced trunk latch yesterday after having issues--After replacement I get a message when trying to open the top 'Close Baggage Compartment'
I locked the latch and set the trunk down and tried to open roof and get same message.
I manually close the trunk(It is closed and lock because the remote will open the trunk and it pops up like it was locked) even in the true closed position I get same message,
And the VW logo trunk release does not work either.
The emergency release does work.
Any ideas? This is my first VW bought for my daughter so hoping to be able to use convertible! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
you may need to check it with VCDS or OBD11 to clear a code or even recode IMHO.

Mick

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had the same issue with mine. It was corroded terminals on the roof control module. This is situated under the left hand side trunk carpet ( trunk liner). As viewed from the rear of the car. Disconnect the battery. Turn on lights to ensure no residual current . Or ask Voxmagna what to do. Remove each connector in turn clean with contact cleaner and non metallic abrasive and reconnect. You still may need to scan with VCDS and check for errors but in my case this was not necessary.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Agreed! The reason I posted a write up on those connectors (and any others in the trunk) is they take all the roof sensor (thin!) wiring, locks and control signals into the roof controller module which is the brain of the EOS roof system. Roof operation is deliberately locked out until the fault is cleared.

A technician could spend hours, even with information and diagnostics, trying to find an intermittent fault. 'Well the roof worked yesterday but today the sun is out and the roof won't work!' Most mortals without any technical experience should with care be able to check and clean the contacts on both connector halves going to and from the roof controller module. There is no guarantee of success, but at least you can be confident a fault is somewhere else and you are less likely to get intermittent roof Gremlins in the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts