Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time posting here.

Have had my EOS since 2017 but the transmission went out shortly after getting it.

Took me a couple of years to have a used transmission put in but the drivers side window problem showed up and I couldn't get the shop to fix that issue.

Realized if I could put the windows down I could put the top down and if it got hung up I could unlatch the trunk with my foot (the pull latch was broken) and put it back down. Had it in for detailing and they tried to put the top down and got it stuck. This time I can't open the trunk with my foot b/c the top is only open about 4 inches and think the shop may have shut it on trying to get it back up.

I've tried to reset the windows with no luck. Took off battery cables and connected them together to see if that cleared out anything. I haven't purchased a code reader yet but am considering the purchase.

Is there any way to get the trunk back open? I think if I can get the trunk open I can put the top up or down and then try to get the driver side window problem figured out.

Any ideas out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
It looks as though the rear window frame didn't drop into the 'C' Claw locks either side, both locks closed and now the rear window is sitting on top of the closed 'C' claws? If you get 2 people and they can lift the window up and forwards over the top of the roof that's what's happened. If the window is held by the lock on the far side you don't show in your photo, that's another problem . At the moment the roof switch won't do anything because it finished its cycle and parts are in the wrong place.

Once the rear frame is pushed back you can see the locks it goes into. Sometimes wirth a block of wood it's possible to push roll the 'C' claws open so the window frame can drop back into them. Once the sensors see the frame in the correct position and the trunk lid is closed you may be able to press the roof up switch and it might complete the operation by closing the locks. It sounds like the trunk could also be held by the rear 'C' claws? If you can get the rear window back into the correct position, with luck those locks will close and the trunk locks will open?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The windows and sunroof are operational. Would that still mean they window is out of alignment? I will have to read up on the C-claws as I am not familiar with them.

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Suggest you search Google for YouTube videos of an EOS roof opening and closing to remind yourself of the roof sequences, what moves when and where to? There are loads of YouTube vids.

·
Registered
856 Posts
If I remember correctly, you need to lift the rear windscreen up so it's sitting on top of the roof, then look for the locking claws at the bottom of where the rear windscreen goes, push them open (this will take a lot of effort and you will need a big stick or something to push them with, then lower the windscreen manually, use the roof switch to try to close the roof, and it should sort itself out. This is a more common occurrence than you might think if the roof gets stuck half way through an open or close operation, as those claws "relax" into the locked position.

Before buying any diagnostic tool please read through the Diagnostics 101 post - there's a link in my signature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts