Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2008 Eos Turbo. It's the first turbo I've ever owned. The acceleration lags when first pressing on the gas. If I press on the gas pedal more, the car spins the front tires. It's hard finding the happy medium. Is that normal for turbo?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just bought a 2008 Eos Turbo. It's the first turbo I've ever owned. The acceleration lags when first pressing on the gas. If I press on the gas pedal more, the car spins the front tires. It's hard finding the happy medium. Is that normal for turbo?
My 2007 Eos 2.0T has "sport" mode (the S right after the D on the console shifter) this uses a little more fuel but keeps transmission in a lower gear for a given speed so your RPM is always higher except when cruising at highway speed in the highest gear, so there is less turbo lag when you press on the gas. The power curve with any Turbo boosted engine rises rapidly with RPM between 2500 and 3000 with the major HP gain above 3000 RPM. Give it a try in sport mode, or put transmission in manual shift mode and use your paddle shifters or the console to manually shift keeping your RPM higher. Have fun.

·
Some Random New Guy
38 Posts
Ive been told that the APR93 mod cuts back on that turbo lag pretty significantly. Anyone know if thats the case?

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,256 Posts
I did the APR93 tune on my 2008 and agree there was very little lag. If you're not careful off of first or second you can smoke up some tires ;)

REVO (www.revotechnik.com) just announced their Spring sale and that makes their 93 octane tune $399 (now through May 8th, 2011). Since the authorized dealer of REVO is closer to me than the APR guys, I think I'm going to take my 2011 and get it done. While I'm extremely happy with the stock TSI engine, the sale price on the extra hp and torque seems irresistable.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
It Is NOT Turbo Lag

You are driving a car with a DSG transmission. They cannot be driven like an ordinary automatic.

Think of it as a manual tranny without the clutch. When you drive a manual, you ease down on the gas at the same time, you are releasing the clutch pedal.

Now do the same thing with the gas pedal and just imagine that phantom clutch pedal being released at the same time. That is exactly what is going on in your DSG.

Start out with a light foot and gradually get heavier on the gas pedal. My wife very seldom drives our Eos and she always squeaks the tires a bit on her first take off from a light. After that one time, she is fine, until the next time, a few weeks later.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts