Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seatbelt on the driver side of my 08 EOS is twisted. I need to take it off of the bracket near the floor by the door and turn it. How do I get to that bracket?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The seatbelt on the driver side of my 08 EOS is twisted. I need to take it off of the bracket near the floor by the door and turn it. How do I get to that bracket?
Unless it has been fitted incorrectly I think you will find that the belt is twisted behind the rear quarter panel and has twisted itself on the inertia real. If you still need to remove the lower bracket then you just undo the bolt and the bracket just twists out.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bracket needs to come off. Where is the bolt? The bracket is a Chrome coated "U" shape. There are no visible bolts.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
The bolt is on the inner sill panel and may have a plastic cover over the head, I still believe that the twist will be behind the quarter panel though, try pulling the belt all the way out and see if you can tell which way the twist goes.

Mick

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine is twisted too. Why am I starting to think that this is the way it was intended to be?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am talking about the lower bracket, not the upper part that goes into the panel. Sorry about the confusion.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Most of the time the belt twisted because it was realled in with a twist; if you fold it again the opposite way and real it in, it will be good again. I’ve done that twice now; no unbolting needed or whatever...
(I don’t know if realing is the right verb, but I hope you know what I mean).

Hi Batjes from silvershadow,

Sometimes English spelling happens in unusual ways as happened here for you. The "reel" analogy comes from fishing and relates to the device used to pull in a fishing line with, hopefully, a fish attached. The word "real" is used to describe something that exists in a tangible form. The correct versions for your post above would be "reeled in" with both "reel" and "reeling" being the verbs for the action associated with using a reel. "Realing" has no meaning as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Most of the time the belt twisted because it was realled in with a twist; if you fold it again the opposite way and real it in, it will be good again. I’ve done that twice now; no unbolting needed or whatever...
(I don’t know if realing is the right verb, but I hope you know what I mean).

Works for me Batjes lol .

Mick

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks. But belt has apparently been replaced and it was put on backward on the bottom bracket.

Great that you got it sorted

Mick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts