Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
We had the RNS 510 in my wife's 2012 Tiguan and it was nice - bigger screen, loads of extra features, etc. But it was also very slow. When we test drove a 2014 EOS, my wife and I were blown away with the responsiveness of the RNS 315 unit and since it had the features we wanted, we were good to go. Now I do wish the Komfort had the back-up camera and the steering responsive headlights. The headlights are cost prohibitive to retrofit and I've not been brave enough to dig into the back-up camera retrofit. However, I did add the paddle shifting steering wheel from the Sport trim. It wasn't cheap, but boy is it fun!

·
Registered
2015 Volkswagen Eos, Komfort 2.0L
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
We had the RNS 510 in my wife's 2012 Tiguan and it was nice - bigger screen, loads of extra features, etc. But it was also very slow. When we test drove a 2014 EOS, my wife and I were blown away with the responsiveness of the RNS 315 unit and since it had the features we wanted, we were good to go. Now I do wish the Komfort had the back-up camera and the steering responsive headlights. The headlights are cost prohibitive to retrofit and I've not been brave enough to dig into the back-up camera retrofit. However, I did add the paddle shifting steering wheel from the Sport trim. It wasn't cheap, but boy is it fun!
My backup camera which looks and operates as factory installed, came from NAV-TV. I believe the parts are discontinued.

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Since I just had my door cards off I could see the mid-range speaker speaker locations. It is higher up than the bass unit at the bottom of the door and closer to your ears so it should give better louder sound?

Does anybody have the size and part number for a non-OE mid range car speaker that fits on the 3 ABS mounting pillars? I notice the OE bass unit seems to have a glass fiber cone and the chassis is sealed at the rear - what you would expect in the damp situation for a car.

·
Registered
2015 Volkswagen Eos, Komfort 2.0L
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Since I just had my door cards off I could see the mid-range speaker speaker locations. It is higher up than the bass unit at the bottom of the door and closer to your ears so it should give better louder sound?

Does anybody have the size and part number for a non-OE mid range car speaker that fits on the 3 ABS mounting pillars? I notice the OE bass unit seems to have a glass fiber cone and the chassis is sealed at the rear - what you would expect in the damp situation for a car.
This is what I had installed in my Komfort trim to upgrade my speaker layout in the doors. Hope this helps.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts