Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I found your great forum as I currently shop for and learn about all things EOS. The forum has been so helpful already and also feeds my love of British humor. 馃槀 The rest of you are funny too, and enough said about British humor.

Totaled my Camry last week and decided screw it, I'm getting a convertible! But not just any, gotta have the hard top with a sunroof. And apparently a few other picky picky things that makes finding all the things a tad challenging!!

Thought posting here might create some leads?? Any advice is very welcome (also about which years or models to avoid, whether I could get what I'm looking for beyond the range in the subject line, if the dark seats do not scorch your ass at the level I fear, etc). Given the spring timing, they're getting snatched up extra fast!

Must haves:
  • Light color seats (so as to reduce ass scorching)
  • Remote keyless entry
  • Push button start (I detest fishing for keys!) - which is one of the reasons for the later model search and avoiding the Komfort
  • Also wanting later model since that seems to be the advice on the forums, in reviews, etc to help mitigate the challenges inherent in maintaining and fixing the EOS. Any advice here?
  • Also avoiding dark exterior and going for silver, white, or the gorgeous blue/grey metallic that I would die for!! Just can't do the brown - no offense to those who have it!
  • I'm in Albany, NY and am open to something around the country...getting safe-is to fly out and drive the car back for the right one.
Again, any leads or advice on the shopping experience is much appreciated!!

Michelle

Life is good... so far
Since you are looking for limited medium/high end models, in a limited year range, pickings will be slim. Not many Eos were brought here, less than 15,000 per year and many of them were the Komfort edition. My suggestion is to go to your nearest VW dealer and give them a list of what you want and see if they have one in the system nationwide. Other places to look is Cars.com, Carvana, or Carmax (to start). True car had some listed. Lower mileage ones are high priced. Good luck.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
@cb391 And what would you say about this? Am I amplifying the challenge of earlier models too much?

Also wanting later model since that seems to be the advice on the forums, in reviews, etc to help mitigate the challenges inherent in maintaining and fixing the EOS. Any advice here?

Registered
Maybe take a look at this? I just did a quick advanced search on autotempest with 2013+ and Executive trim level. Glanced at the pics for your light on light requirement, didn't look heavily into it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
@Mydwist So kind of you! Nailed it. I had a call with the dealer about this one yesterday and the only niggle for me is the higher than market pricing. Everyone I've talked to who'd listed higher than market says they won't budge on price since they're such a hot commodity. So I might just go for it anyway!

Life is good... so far
Prices on a used car is currently higher because because of the pandemic. Warm weather is coming which further boosts convertible prices. You are looking at a car that was close to $40,000 new. The car's average annual mileage is less than the national average adding to the price. Add to that the fact there are comparatively few of this model in the marketplace. Not saying you shouldn't buy, just saying why they are expensive. We have an 07 Sport model and we don't regret buying it. We have spent a lot on VW suggested maintenance, but the only time it left us stranded was because of the battery being 6 years old. So our fault. This is our travel car with 125,000 miles on the clock. The only suggestions I have is check the roof operation thoroughly. Check for leaks in the trunk and signs of mold/smell. A service history would be of great help to see if the car will need trans maintenance and maybe plugs or other maintenances that may not have been done. This car is not like the Toyota you just left behind. But then you are probably aware of all that. Good luck in your search.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Andy - super helpful considerations. It has the Carfax service history and it's impeccable. Was done at a VW dealership and right on time for trans, plugs, etc. 1 owner. Also being sold by the 2nd largest VW dealership in the US and they seem to be very good. I'm 95% going to go for it!

Registered
Thanks Andy - super helpful considerations. It has the Carfax service history and it's impeccable. Was done at a VW dealership and right on time for trans, plugs, etc. 1 owner. Also being sold by the 2nd largest VW dealership in the US and they seem to be very good. I'm 95% going to go for it!
Hi Michelle, I recommend hopping on it ASAP. Those Final Edition and Exec models sell extremely fast even when overpriced. I was lucky to find a 鈥15 FE online here in Florida and ad said to call dealer for price. It was just traded into them and they were preparing it for sale. Manager quoted a price and I asked to see it the next day. While traveling 2 hours to dealer, I saw their online price was $3000 more than my quote. Fortunately, they honored the quoted price and I bought it. Love it!
Hope you get your dream car too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts