Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I discovered a useful trick recently, when my car battery died. The drivers window went out of synch after opening the door and stayed in the Up position, so I couldn't close the door. A wise mechanic showed me a useful VW trick - put the key in the drivers door and turn fully 90 degrees and hold - this drops all the windows and then when you repeat to pull them up it resets them all to the synchronised proper positions.

What it hasn't helped me with though, was that my car was previously set up so that only the drivers door window (and not the passenger one) dropped when the car was unlocked. (i.e. driver entry only). This saved water coming in on that passenger side. Since resetting though, both side windows drop when I unlock. Is there a way to change that set up back to how it was?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yes in the screen in the dash, select settings then covenience then unlocking and place a check at single/drivers that way it's one click on the remote to open drivers door and another in quick succession to open the passengers as well.

Oh and you can do the same trick to drop all the windows or raise them just by holding down on the button on the remote respectively.

·
Platinum member
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that solution re screen settings is only for cars with the sat nav screen? Mine is a standard model without sat nav, so does anyone know how to set the passenger window setting with a standard dash?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think that solution re screen settings is only for cars with the sat nav screen? Mine is a standard model without sat nav, so does anyone know how to set the passenger window setting with a standard dash?
the settings function I was reffering to is not related to the sat-nav, it's the settings menu on the multi function display in the instrument cluster between speedo and rev counter which is either operated via the Multi function sterring wheel or by the MFD controls on the wiper control stalk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My windows are also out of sync. When I try the key in the driver's door and turn, nothing happens. Holding the unlock or lock button on the key fob also does nothing. Is that feature turned off somewhere?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
I have a 2007 and although I can open/close all windows using the key in the lock I am unable to do the same with a long press of the fob.

Doing a bit of reading I think this was only factory activated on post 2010 cars and needs VAGCOM activating on older models.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Yes I activated all windows up or down via the key fob on MY07 with vcds. MY07 EOS Sport doesn't have controls in the mfd. However, it's not that convenient because you have to hold your finger on the fob button whilst waiting for all windows to drop or close.

I took a punt on a Chinese dongle for Golf MkV's which activates the same function differently through the diagnostics port. I assume it's undocumented or a hack of some kind. Now I only have to press the fob button for about 1 second for the windows to all go down or up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I activated all windows up or down via the key fob on MY07 with vcds. MY07 EOS Sport doesn't have controls in the mfd. However, it's not that convenient because you have to hold your finger on the fob button whilst waiting for all windows to drop or close.

I took a punt on a Chinese dongle for Golf MkV's which activates the same function differently through the diagnostics port. I assume it's undocumented or a hack of some kind. Now I only have to press the fob button for about 1 second for the windows to all go down or up.
1. Will vcds activated key fob reset out of sync windows? 2. Does activating the key fob also activate the key in the door lock window controls and will THAT reset out of sync windows? My windows are out of sync. Rear right goes up when down is pressed etc.. and my roof will not open.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
This thread could make confusing reading because there are 2 seperate issues being discussed:

VW 'One Touch Control' is fitted on all EOS's. This is the feature that allows you to press and hold the window button a short time and windows will motor to fully open or fully closed. This is most important on the driver side for pay booths etc or waving at your mates. :). The same thing happens with the sunroof. If this function is not active the windows buttons work just as on/off buttons. Whenever you disconnect the battery, the One touch feature is always lost, but it doesn't stop the windows or sunroof working. This is what most mean when they ask about 'windows reset'. I can't remember if One Touch Operation needs to work for roof operation? The sunroof is curious because sometimes it can get out of sync, half open or close or not fully close when you operate the switch, The windows reset fixes this.

I have to admit that windows One Touch Reset on MY07 has been something of a hit and miss black art in the past but I've never resorted to vcds to try the reset, I don't think it's in there. First I try the procedure of taking the windows right down to the service position, hold my finger on the switch for a couple of seconds, then take the windows right up to the top and hold again.

Most times that has worked but the last time after a battery disconnect it didn't and I had to use the key method and all was well. However, it occurs to me that if for some reason there's a windows fault code logged that might stop you doing a reset? :confused: When you have vcds it's easy because you scan then reset any flagged codes and if they come back you know there's a real fault to look at. Windows reset is in the manual, follow their instructions exactly - They do mean close all the doors, it doesn't work with the driver door open!

All I can suggest is you disconnect the battery for 1/2 hour, connect it back on the last terminal quickly without arcs and sparks then check all the windows work on the manual switches. Now try using the key. Note that disconnecting the battery does not reset fault codes, it's like a reboot which sometimes give you a fresh start.

The second feature is being able to hold your finger on the remote key fob button e.g the lock button and as long as you hold it down, all windows will come up. Conversely, if you hold your finger on the unlock button long enough, all windows will come down. THESE FEATURES OF REMOTE WINDOW OPERATION HAVE TO BE ENABLED WITH VCDS. On higher spec. and newer EOS's you may be able to do this through the MFD option settings - I can't.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts