Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had it for about three weeks now.

Black with Black interior.

2.0 Turbo with sport package, 18" wheels, 6disc cd upgrade (wish we could have bought the dynaudio in canada) and all the options we could get.

A Canadian "fully loaded" is vastly different from the USA "fully loaded" though.

Still, gotta love it. Although, I'm sure that the cold I just got through was from driving with the top down when it was 6 Deg Cel outside... :)

So, does anyone have any good suggestions for glue to hold the sunglasses on? :) I've already come to terms with having to regularly buy replacement baseball caps.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds lovely! Do you have any photos for us to see?!

·
Registered
52 Posts
so you lost a few hats eh?

wow i've had mine about 6 months and no lost hats yet..whew. :eek: try the windscreen at the top of the windshield. it helps, honestly. at any rate, congrats on your new toy. it's a shame you couldn't get the dynaudio, its fabulous. i've been out in the cold with the top down and the heated seats and heat to the feet are wonderful. happy cruisin and welcome to the fun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ack! Never linked a picture!

Oh my, I post a hello and never put in a picture? I'm shocked that this was permitted! <looking over shoulder>

Well, here is one (I'm lowering the resolution so that it doesn't end up scrolling on the screen... but would upload a hi-res version if people really want).

I'll add a few more as time goes on, and I find myself in memorable locations.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Oh my, I post a hello and never put in a picture? I'm shocked that this was permitted! <looking over shoulder>

Well, here is one (I'm lowering the resolution so that it doesn't end up scrolling on the screen... but would upload a hi-res version if people really want).

I'll add a few more as time goes on, and I find myself in memorable locations.
Greetings from Collingwood ... great looking car you have. Very similar to mine with options, except colour and wheels. I have since added chrome mirrors, chrome door handles, rear spoiler, and sport pedals. It is a dream to drive! Hope you enjoy yours.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, these cars are fantastic. I can certainly see how people become VW enthusiasts instead of just VW owners. I'm not sure of many other brands that have such a strong base of followers.

This car would be a great car if it was painted in day-glow orange with green dots. Well... err... maybenot. ;)

I was thinking of debadging, upgrading to the xenon lights (there is a kit with new wiring harness, etc) and who knows what else.

I won't be installing a car-puter, the last attempt at that was not a positive experience. (read that as my suggestion to stay away from running Windows XP and a 7" touch widescreen...)

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, these cars are fantastic. I can certainly see how people become VW enthusiasts instead of just VW owners. I'm not sure of many other brands that have such a strong base of followers.

This car would be a great car if it was painted in day-glow orange with green dots. Well... err... maybenot. ;)

I was thinking of debadging, upgrading to the xenon lights (there is a kit with new wiring harness, etc) and who knows what else.

I won't be installing a car-puter, the last attempt at that was not a positive experience. (read that as my suggestion to stay away from running Windows XP and a 7" touch widescreen...)
I tried the low price xenon bulbs ... waste of money. They were okay for a while but started to burn out after two months! Very happy with my soiler, adds a little extra touch, colour match was perfect, and price was very reasonable.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The lights I'm looking at are a complete removal of the original and replacement with Bi-Xenon Corning lights...

The info can be seen here: Headlamps - Bi-Xenon

They are not cheap, but since I wasn't able to by an Eos with them installed-- that and the Dynaudio-- I really want them. LOL Price is what's slowing me down right now.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Thanks for the info .... ouch, $4000 US. Think I'll go slowly around the corners. VW original equipment is a lot less than that in the markets where it is available. Maybe you should ask your dealer if that changes for 2008 models and if retro-fit is possible?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts