Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look what I've just received in the post...guess I'm going to be having a play this afternoon and seeing what it can do...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Very nice, to just be careful as you don't want to brick your car at the first attempt. Always do a full scan and save for future reference IMHO.

Mick

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Hope it was a genuine Ross-Tech cable because if not Sebastian has your name and address. Yes, bricking your car is easy to do. You must scan and save all the module adaptation long codes before changing anything.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very nice, to just be careful as you don't want to brick your car at the first attempt. Always do a full scan and save for future reference IMHO.

Mick
Hope it was a genuine Ross-Tech cable because if not Sebastian has your name and address. Yes, bricking your car is easy to do. You must scan and save all the module adaptation long codes before changing anything.
I'm still learning how to use it but so far all is well and it's a nice tool to have, yep I have been doing a full scan and saving it prior to attempting any changes.

That's just a postal address and I don't live there nor keep my Eos there but as far as I'm aware it is a genuine VCDS and supplied under license. The reason they are allowed to use the genuine software under license is because the Ross Tech VAGCOM cable they supply has their own developed chip inside which allows them to market it and sell it at a huge price difference. The only thing I can't do is ask Ross Tech directly for any support and I have to ask the suppliers in Australia for support. I am also unable to upgrade to current versions and only use version 12 but I can live with that.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Highline BCU

I think I have also figured out why my windows don’t operate via the remote even though I’m activating the option with VCDS, being a 2007 build Eos I believe that I need to swap the BCM for a new one. There are a couple of other options I want to activate too but will only work (if I am understanding correctly) with a highline BCM...needle sweep and cornering fog lights (I actually get a bulb out error on my dials to alert me that there is a malfunction in the cornering fog light system....as per the owners manual).

Does anyone know where I can get one?

I haven’t checked yet but there should be a how to swap it out in my emanual but just incase where is it located and will it be just a case of unplugging the old one then plugging in the new one and then using VCDS to reselect the various options and make sure the coding is the same as the old one?

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
I believe needle sweep is only on white dials. There might b a list of what the BCM does what on the uk Passat forum they could be the same as the EOS.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe needle sweep is only on white dials. There might b a list of what the BCM does what on the uk Passat forum they could be the same as the EOS.

Mick

Cheers Mick,

It would have been a novelty feature to have is all, I have seen it working on some Golfs but I can’t remember what colour dials. I’ll have a gander at the Passat forum to see if there’s a list.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have a March 2007 build EOS and I can open and close the windows and sunroof with key fob. I would have thought you should be able to do that too. We also did it on our old 2005 Golf V.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a March 2007 build EOS and I can open and close the windows and sunroof with key fob. I would have thought you should be able to do that too. We also did it on our old 2005 Golf V.
Mmmm interesting, the plot thickens. I will recheck that I have done it correctly on VCDS. I notice you are in Australia so maybe there is a difference in BCMs etc....or I’m just dense lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you able to control them from the drivers door lock?

My friends Aussie delivered '07 GTI has remote windows, so hopefully it's possible.
Can't remember if it was delivered that way or not though.
Last time I checked I was able to, not tried again since I've had VCDS so I need to try it again.

Mines a 2006 and I can open / close windows via key and fob, also have rain closing of the sunroof.
I have been able to activate rain closing and even have the option in the list on the MFD now but still no open/closing with the fob. Starting to think maybe I need to reset my key incase the problem lies there.

I also have a light out warning on the dash now and the display is telling me the passenger side fog lamp is out...coincidence possibly but it has been there since Saturday when I first tried using VCDS.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
vcds is a great tool but it's rather like using a software development kit. It's not always that intuitive and VW are not always logical as to where they put adaptation settings in their control modules.

Unfortunately I can't remember where it was, but fob functions are either in the convenience module or the remote control section. VW have this habit of putting high and low level options in different modules. For example, you might find an option to enable remote key operation in one module, but have to turn it on in another. RLS is like that with a bunch of sensitivity settings in a sub menu.

I came across this the other day when some questions of 4 door and 2 door car profiles cropped up because some were seeing their EOS as a 4 door car. Well, whilst there are options in the convenience (or was it door?) modules, there is a high level option in the ECU engine section where you tell it you have a 2 door right or left hand drive car. If you think about it, If the car thinks it's left hand drive when it is right, that pretty much screws up everything so that is a high level command option. I've also seen an option for coding 'cabriolet' in a later firmware version of the convenience module.

If you spend time translating the long coding for each module using the vcds helper files you can find these things and many more. The fun starts when you initiate some of the test sequences.

vcds is an imperfect tool. The more you use it the more you will find some options to read back or test functions don't always work as you expect. Still, it isn't as expensive as the VW dealer VAS kit and their website support (from enthusiasts!) is excellent.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
Yes, although I'm spoilt because I bought a plug in dongle hack for a Golf V which gives me one touch all windows up or down on the remote after 1/2 second or so press on the fob. Holding my finger on the button was a pain. The windows all have pinch protection and it's a shame VW didn't extend one touch operation to windows control on the fob. But now my RLS retrofit is working I feel happier the windows won't get left open accidentally when it rains - the main reason for wanting the remote feature.

When I left the car it wasn't easy to spot when the rear offside window was left open and the roof controller behind the trim panel is just below it. I had 2 or 3 near misses and a damp rear seat next morning. :mad:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
vcds is a great tool but it's rather like using a software development kit. It's not always that intuitive and VW are not always logical as to where they put adaptation settings in their control modules.

Unfortunately I can't remember where it was, but fob functions are either in the convenience module or the remote control section. VW have this habit of putting high and low level options in different modules. For example, you might find an option to enable remote key operation in one module, but have to turn it on in another. RLS is like that with a bunch of sensitivity settings in a sub menu.

I came across this the other day when some questions of 4 door and 2 door car profiles cropped up because some were seeing their EOS as a 4 door car. Well, whilst there are options in the convenience (or was it door?) modules, there is a high level option in the ECU engine section where you tell it you have a 2 door right or left hand drive car. If you think about it, If the car thinks it's left hand drive when it is right, that pretty much screws up everything so that is a high level command option. I've also seen an option for coding 'cabriolet' in a later firmware version of the convenience module.

If you spend time translating the long coding for each module using the vcds helper files you can find these things and many more. The fun starts when you initiate some of the test sequences.

vcds is an imperfect tool. The more you use it the more you will find some options to read back or test functions don't always work as you expect. Still, it isn't as expensive as the VW dealer VAS kit and their website support (from enthusiasts!) is excellent.
You do need to hold the button on the key fob for a few seconds - maybe 5 - before it does anything.
Yes, although I'm spoilt because I bought a plug in dongle hack for a Golf V which gives me one touch all windows up or down on the remote after 1/2 second or so press on the fob. Holding my finger on the button was a pain. The windows all have pinch protection and it's a shame VW didn't extend one touch operation to windows control on the fob. But now my RLS retrofit is working I feel happier the windows won't get left open accidentally when it rains - the main reason for wanting the remote feature.

When I left the car it wasn't easy to spot when the rear offside window was left open and the roof controller behind the trim panel is just below it. I had 2 or 3 near misses and a damp rear seat next morning. :mad:
Thanks for further advice, much appreciated.

I have seen a couple of YouTube videos that show how to use VCDS to activate an option and they go in one module then go in another module to make a selection before the option is activated, I bet that’s what I need to do also. It’s a nice bright day today but windy so whilst I’m waiting for that to go (weather forecast reckons 2pm) so I can give my car a nice wash and do some more seal lubrication I will spend some time looking at the long codings for other modules.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Mines a 2006 and I can open / close windows via key and fob, also have rain closing of the sunroof.
Finally I am able to open/close my windows and sunroof using my key fob :)

Although I had activated it, there was also a conflict as some other options were active that prevented it from functioning.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Amazing bit of kit the vcds.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Amazing bit of kit the vcds.

Indeed it is, I’m enjoying learning how to use it, really looking forward to being able to truly run real time logs and diagnostics of various systems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Please help me!

I have a vw EOS 2008 2.0pdtdi with DSG. I was able to make plenty of modifications with my vag com cable, but now I have to change the park sensor settings. For this I need the security access code. The program suggest me one, but doesn't accept it. Do you have any idea what should it be?

After this point I have tried to login to several modules but basically none of them accepted any code, of course I have paid attentions to wait the required time to attempt again...
Do you have a list for each module security code? With my key I have received a black plastic card that had some numbers, one of them is 5 digit, should it be? (I have tried that too, without any success...)

Thanks,
Daniel

1 - 20 of 24 Posts