Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
505 Posts
Is it a genuine VCDS lead...perhaps Ross-Tech can help.

·
Registered
8,066 Posts
With the exception of immobilizer and key fob adaptation (tricky without the SKC), I've got into most of my modules, except where they needed a 'dealer code' and there's info around about that.

An important thing for anybody starting with vcds is you must autoscan and save the 'as found' settings before changing things. Whilst you might get in a mess, lose the oem coding and try asking here, there is no guarantee the modules are the same with the same option features.

I don't take MY07 to dealers who some say will reflash to OE as supplied without asking you. :( It's a shame, but there is no feature in vcds to global write all the module coding back from a saved autoscan. That would be nice easy way of restoring your modified personality.

When you find features you want that others have but you can't get, this will often be down to the firmware version of your 'older' module compared to later versions. As far as I know genuine VW replacement modules are backwards compatible so they only need to sell the later version part, but you have to be careful because the EOS has specific module features not found in other models. You should check all numbers and letters for a matching part code against your VIN.

I once tried swapping my Gateway controller (important) for a later Chinese clone. There were a whole bunch of options I'd never seen before or didn't apply to my VIN build. Unfortunately, this module gave me the dreaded battery discharge problem because the CANbus wasn't going to sleep. My suspicion was the Chinese clone may have used older VW firmware (which did have a problem). Unfortunately it's a black box that looks genuine, comes on a slow boat from China and you don't know what's going on inside. But often there's a clue because they use most of the genuine part code to draw you in, but add a suffix letter which is not in a genuine VW parts list. Well I opened this one up and instead of finding a bunch of components as in the OE, there was one large ASIC. They had basically written their own code to 'emulate' the OE functions. You could never trust a controller like that. Caveat Emptor!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guarda cosa ho appena ricevuto per posta... immagino che questo pomeriggio farò uno spettacolo e vedrò cosa può fare...
[/CITAZIONE]
Salve per una eos del 2011 che tipo di vcds devo acquistare? io ho montato le luci sottoporta ed ho visto la codifica del modello 11.11.5, inoltrte non mi permesso i sensori di parcheggio come posso fare, grazie

21 - 24 of 24 Posts