Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
IMHO I wouldn't do it that way. Finding dash space that won't spoil the cockpit look will be hard. I would look at a simple electronic display like a bargraph strip module and a remote sensor connected with 2 wires. A lot easier than messing about with capilliary tubing to a 52mm guage.

A smart solution is to tap the OE turbo boost pressure sensor without loading it, but you would need electronics experience to build the interface. I did something like that to monitor my TDi dpf temperature to tell me when it was in regen. I used the small space in the coin/cigarette ash drawer to fit in a 10 led bar display.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks for your reply.....thats a good idea too
Could use an old phone,or your current one and bluetooth OBD reader with Torque app to get more than just a Boost gauge. I did use the android stereo in mine, looked great with a few dials in the display.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
169 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
169 Posts
Thanks but that won't fit an 07 eos dash ...nice tho
Sorry about that, posted the wrong one

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
Tapping into diagnostics that's already there is a good idea, but another phone on a cradle isn't so good? Perhaps somebody can confirm this:

If you have an Android head unit, could you get realtime diagnostics on a BlueTooth link to it, whilst still being able to switch away to radio, music, satnav or phone?

Unless you have and want to keep Dynaudio, an Android based head unit is more advanced and should far exceed features you will get with a genuine V.W head unit. You are not locked into expensive V.W map updates either.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If you want something standalone, those P3 gauges are very neat but mind-bogglingly expensive! There are similar gadgets that connect through OBD and show various metrics including boost pressure, and a basic one like the Autool X60 can be had for under US$30.

Of course, there aren't really any good places to fit such a gauge, since you want the gauges to be in your eye line but not impeding on visibility.

For roughly the same price as that vent pod, you could get the Polar FIS which will show a boost gauge and many other things in your MFD, as well as add a bunch of other cool/interesting/useful functions (assuming you have the full-size display between your dials).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anyone fitted a vent pod to hold a standard 52mm boost guage
I used a Steering Column pod mount for my VC-50 Meth Controller. The one for the MK5 fits.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts