Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys...not very good with cars im afraid..my wifes 09 plate EOS was forever topping up the windscreen washer reservoir...now when she tries to use it the water
simply squirts out the side under the bonnet and not on the windsceen.

Cant find any youtube or other videos that show how to access the pipes and to repair them....does anyone have any videos on accessing and repairing the washer hose please

Thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Have you searched here first? I posted something a while back which was a fairly quick and easy repair. That lasted 6 years until the same thing happened again. I have now replaced the entire washer hose system from the pump all the way up to the jets. You say you aren't good with cars so that may not be for you as tracing the original hose run inside the wiring loom and then getting access to the pump is fairly involved. I replaced all of mine with black thick wall silicone vacuum hose with some larger hose slipped over the critical sharp bend.

Your best bet is my simple 'may not last' easy fix:

V.W use a stiff plastic ribbed hose which is actually cable protector sleeve! You won't find any connector/hose joiners that push into it and seal. If you do, you will have to use a heat gun to soften the hose first, then it will probably leak without heatshrink sleeve over.

Their hose always breaks on the rear right corner of the hood due to the extremely sharp bending. They actually have a hose clip retainer there, but it's angle makes the problem worse. When the break occurs on the bend, there is usually a small amout of slack that can be pulled through. I used 2 or 3 layers of heat heat shrink sleeve over the break and a thin strip of plastic under the last layer to act as a reinforcing 'splint' over the repaired join. When finished look at their clipped anchor point, I threw mine away and got the hose to form a shallower bend held loosely in a different place with a tiewrap.

Sorry, I don't do social media videos, I leave that to others to get wrong!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you searched here first? I posted something a while back which was a fairly quick and easy repair. That lasted 6 years until the same thing happened again. I have now replaced the entire washer hose system from the pump all the way up to the jets. You say you aren't good with cars so that may not be for you as tracing the original hose run inside the wiring loom and then getting access to the pump is fairly involved. I replaced all of mine with black thick wall silicone vacuum hose with some larger hose slipped over the critical sharp bend.

Your best bet is my simple 'may not last' easy fix:

V.W use a stiff plastic ribbed hose which is actually cable protector sleeve! You won't find any connector/hose joiners that push into it and seal. If you do, you will have to use a heat gun to soften the hose first, then it will probably leak without heatshrink sleeve over.

Their hose always breaks on the rear right corner of the hood due to the extremely sharp bending. They actually have a hose clip retainer there, but it's angle makes the problem worse. When the break occurs on the bend, there is usually a small amout of slack that can be pulled through. I used 2 or 3 layers of heat heat shrink sleeve over the break and a thin strip of plastic under the last layer to act as a reinforcing 'splint' over the repaired join. When finished look at their clipped anchor point, I threw mine away and got the hose to form a shallower bend held loosely in a different place with a tiewrap.

Sorry, I don't do social media videos, I leave that to others to get wrong!
Thanks for the advice mate....i will keep looking for a video...its my only hope
:)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Here's one. And a tip for you: if it's not to do with the roof, instead of searching for Eos, search for "vw mk5". That link was Youtube's first result for "vw mk5 washer repair". If that one's no good, just look through the recommended videos which will be full of other people fixing the same problem ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys...not very good with cars im afraid..my wifes 09 plate EOS was forever topping up the windscreen washer reservoir...now when she tries to use it the water
simply squirts out the side under the bonnet and not on the windsceen.

Cant find any youtube or other videos that show how to access the pipes and to repair them....does anyone have any videos on accessing and repairing the washer hose please

Thanks in advance guys
Have a look at the corrugated section next and folding with the bonnet hinge. very likely to find the leak there as it squashes down with the hinge. I fixed mine with an I believe 4mm tube joiner. You cant buy a piece of that material but have to buy a whole assembly and pull half the front end of to ft it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have a look at the corrugated section next and folding with the bonnet hinge. very likely to find the leak there as it squashes down with the hinge. I fixed mine with an I believe 4mm tube joiner. You cant buy a piece of that material but have to buy a whole assembly and pull half the front end of to ft it.
thanks mate will do

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
You cant buy a piece of that material but have to buy a whole assembly and pull half the front end of to fit it.
Not quite - just the bottom engine tray, wheel and front arch cover for the pump. The other end is trickier. Their hose is rubbish anyway and you wouldn't want to buy it. I think the dealers do a plastic heat welding repair on it? Silicone replacement hose is once only fit and forget.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts