Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anybody please tell me the code on the back of their wheel lock key for a 2008 vw eos? It should be in the spare tire kit in the trunk. Pictures would be much appreciated!!!! I'm trying to replace mine as I've lost it but cant find the right fit. Please help! Thank you :cry:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Sorry it's not so easy. All the wheel keys have different codes otherwise it would be easy to steal the wheels. You have three options 1.) Go to a V.W dealer with your VIN number and order a key. 2.) Buy 4 normal wheel bolts. The dealer has a 'universal' key, get them to remove the 4 key bolts and replace them with the standard bolts. 3.) Look on Fleabay, you may find somebody selling copies of the universal key. These days I don't think anybody is interested in stealing standard wheels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Darn, I figured. I took it to my dealer and they said they dont make the wheel lock keys for my type anymore. I guess I'll keep looking around. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Each key has a part number. Even if a genuine V.W says they cannot get them, they have the factory build data for your car VIN and can request the wheel nut key number that was originally supplied. Have a look at this Fleabay listing for all the key patterns. Take a good digicam close up of your key nut and try and marry it to one on their listing photo. Have you checked it isn't in the foam tool tray or rolling around the tire well?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts