Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I own a 2008 VW EOS and I’ve seen some Chevys and Mercedes with a front grill LED emblem and wanted to do that with my car and was wondering if it was possible. I’ve spent a lot of time looking around the internet and haven’t found anything really and was wondering if someone could help me out.

·
Registered
2008 Volkswagen VR6 Eos
215 Posts
The existing LED front emblems on the market are either too small or too large. The EOS uses a 125mm front emblem. Current options are 110mm and 137mm. I had a discussion with the people who run this site. Dynamic VW Emblem | Light up VW Emblem With Animation They seemed to be unaware that the EOS and Golf use 125mm front emblems, had to send them part numbers etc. so they would finally concede their stance on the size. They did mention that they were planning a 120mm LED emblem but it has not yet appeared on their website.

FWIW, their product listing shows a 12mm (probably should be 120mm) and a 125mm front emblem. Both of these are newly added from the last time I visited but neither are available in the drop down list for ordering.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
There are various other Chinese suppliers that provide LED logos; none of them is the correct size for the front of the Eos. I am currently playing around with a regular logo and adding light string to it to see how it looks - you can unclip the chrome from the black plastic behind so you're able to attach the light string. It won't be very bright but you're just aiming to light it up, not use it to illuminate the road!

Some new VW models (for the Chinese market, at least) are fitted with LED front logos from the factory. Probably those will also be the wrong size!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts