Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Just quoted for some repairs for my 2008 EOS from my VW dealer. I have several contacts of my own who can service it. So looking for parts guidance (I am sure my friend who is working on it will have his own). I was told I need new spark plugs, a vacuum pump, and a valve cover with breather. What have you guys found, if you have, as to what brand/s are best to use for these parts. Thanks in advance! Looking for the best quality honestly.

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
If you go to the Stealer you pay more but get consistent V.W approved parts and quality. If you choose aftermarket to pay less you can get anything from Chinese copy to well known brand names. I tend to buy names I know like Bosch or aftermarket parts manufactured in Germany, although that can be East Germany these days. There's no one rule as to 'which is best' and cheapest is rarely best quality. Motor factor distributors have a trick of creating their own brand name then putting whatever they can get cheap in the boxes. The way around this is to always ask for OE specification. If they offer OE 'equivalent' it's probably a brand name you've never heard of! Think and buy smart!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you go to the Stealer you pay more but get consistent V.W approved parts and quality. If you choose aftermarket to pay less you can get anything from Chinese copy to well known brand names. I tend to buy names I know like Bosch or aftermarket parts manufactured in Germany, although that can be East Germany these days. There's no one rule as to 'which is best' and cheapest is rarely best quality. Motor factor distributors have a trick of creating their own brand name then putting whatever they can get cheap in the boxes.
Definitely have used Bosch before. Thanks for that heads up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts