Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just purchased a 2009 EOS w/ 26,000 miles. Pick it up after certification tomorrow. It will come with the 2yr. 24,000 . mile warranty . We have never purchased an extended warranty before due to my husband does all maintance and work on our vehicles.

The warranty covers all mechanical , yada, yada. No seal/leaking issues (unless due to mechanical issue). The only reason I ask is these threads (where people talk about issues they've had) make me nervous about not having it. We are wanting to put 510 navigator in it which will also void them working on any radio issues due to us installing it.

I'm not one to waste money though. Approx $2000. w/ $50. deductible which adds additional 4 years added to warranty. (6yr/60,000). Price goes up $1000. once it goes off their lot and I pick it up tomorrow night.

What is your opinion and your experience. I just traded in a Mustang Convert. GT soft top which never leaked or had problems the 8 years I had it. It is driven year round but kept in garage.

I am aware of needing to oil seals which we did notice would need it as soon as it gets to my house. Runs very quiet, no rattles or thumps, washed it last night and no current leaking noticed.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I would definitely recommend having a warranty if you can. Mine came with a basic warranty from the dealer that I upgraded to the premium version, so glad I did because the air conditioning compressor failed which resulted in needing a full air conditioning system rebuild valued at around $3k, only cost me $500 for one component that was not covered.

I made sure that the warranty covered the roof components, that is a very expensive repair if anything goes wrong there!

Adam

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, through all the waivering back and forth, I decided to get it. So for 1900. It covered the 6 yr/60,000 and had 0 deduct. It was worth the extra 100. for the 0 deduct. I figured we blow $300. a year on junk so this would be adding a bit of peace of mind for 6 years (which everyone can use a bit of).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts