Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
As I had reported last winter, my EOS sometimes suffers from INTERNAL fog on the windshield... Without any good reason for this... Howver, it's been a few months now that I figured my EOS smelled 'strange' sometimes when opening the door, which slowly convinced me something had to be wet inside... I eventualy figured out (during one of those deep cleaning session ;-)) that the floor of the car, beneath the passenger add-on carpet, was wet and actualy soaked... No I have not left the windows opened, no I have not let liters of water flood in from washing... Anyone had the problem before, of leaks apaprently from the bottom of the car?
Fred

· Registered
799 Posts
Fred that doesn't sound too good! I will get Gary to check out under the carpets of the car when he gets home, just in case. Simon usually comes up with answers on such questions - Over to you Simon?
SK2

· Registered
285 Posts
Water in front

Eos3

I am not sure if its the same problem as I experienced it on a different model, Jag X type actually, but the symptosn where exactly as you describe. After 3 trips to the dealer they found the door weather membrane had actually been damaged and it nstead of the water draining outside it was breaching the membrane and leaking into thefootwell instead.

Del

· Registered
799 Posts
Eos3

I am not sure if its the same problem as I experienced it on a different model, Jag X type actually, but the symptosn where exactly as you describe. After 3 trips to the dealer they found the door weather membrane had actually been damaged and it nstead of the water draining outside it was breaching the membrane and leaking into thefootwell instead.

Del
Nice one Del, sounds like that could be it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.