Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased an Eos 2.0 Tdi Sport love the car ! We seem to have a problem once it rains the water builds up in the door sills at the bottom so when you open the door you stand back to let the water out. This is not so good once youve had a frost as you cant get into the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi L & J
I have noticed this but only when washing the car as she is garaged normally. Is there anyone else suffering this?
PgdS Paj

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Mine does exactly the same both Drivers and Passengers side its quite annoying but i spoke the garage about this and this is suppose to happen!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have purchased an Eos 2.0 Tdi Sport love the car ! We seem to have a problem once it rains the water builds up in the door sills at the bottom so when you open the door you stand back to let the water out. This is not so good once youve had a frost as you cant get into the car.
I keep mine in the street outside the house. Every time it rains, as you say water gets in. I'm told it's the shape of the car as it's wider at the bottom. Also the boot fills with water too. All carpets are very wet. Garage said to carry towels around with me to mop it up!! When we had the cold spell last week I had ice both in and out of all windows and sunroof in the morning. By lunchtime when I went out I was being dripped on big time as were my passengers.Poor car wasn't showing itself in the best light. Beside this when I first picked up the car in October I had a problem with the driver window dropping when I shut the door, took it back to the dealer who kept it a week and, of course, car refused to do it for them. Saying that it hasn't done it since and that was beginning of December. On a more optimistic note I'm looking forward to the summer when it will all dry out and I can drive it with the roof down - Hurrah!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
water in door sills

hello how are you guys doing im staying in europe and i purchased my eos in 2006 i was one of the first owners of this vehicle. and as far as the water is concerned we had the same problem we had to tack it to the dealer and have them replace the dorr seals but you guys should be getting more updates as well. I will be posting pics on here very soon of the sound system i built in it and the new jvc radio.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same here, the water does gather in the doors after it's been raining. However, we had a really bad rain / frost last week and I got into the car no problems.

When I open the boot, the water runs of of it onto the back window and is then channelled away so it doesn't get into the boot.

So no water problems here!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Eos footwell had flooded this was caused by a leak in the door pillar without car as we are awaiting for new carpets to come from germany this has happened both footwells.

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts

Seems they're all the same; it afflicts mine too.

Think it's just a slight design fault in that the sills don't slope down slightly towards the outside to allow the water to run away. Touch wood I've had none in the boot or the footwells so it's just a minor annoyance.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
8 Posts
EOS ordered for March 2007

In Dec 2006 we ordered an EOS which is scheduled for delivery in March 2007and I am concerned, prior to completing the purchase, about the water issue on the door sills. Has anyone received anything official from VW in response to this issue. Please advise. Thanks. JJK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In Dec 2006 we ordered an EOS which is scheduled for delivery in March 2007and I am concerned, prior to completing the purchase, about the water issue on the door sills. Has anyone received anything official from VW in response to this issue. Please advise. Thanks. JJK
Hi i'm having all new carpets fitted if it happens again i will be rejecting the car under the sale of goos act 1979 as this is the second time it has happened we have had the car 3 months and for a 1 month it has been back with the garage. Regards James

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mentioned this to the Eos driver (Wife) on Friday and she says ours does it as well.
Have now looked at the car in daylight and there are 2 seals along the bottom of the door (top inner edge of sill and bottom outer edge of sill)- the bottom/outer one of these appears to be holding water in the space betweeen the door and the sill instead of letting it drain away.

I would guess that this is water which is coming in at the bottom of the window opening and draining through the door (as it should) but not being allowed to escape at the bottom. If it freezes it will freeze the door to the car. If there is enough I guess it will overflow the inner seal and drain into the car.

Anyone agree with my diagnosis?

Will be calling VW tomorrow!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Spoke to our dealer (Willenhall) today and asked them to raise it as a technical issue with VW. They have noticed it on their demonstrator and have said that they will raise it.

He did say that for VW to do anything they need more that one complaint so you all need to complain to your dealer and tell them that you want them to raise it as an issue with VW.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Got a phonecall from Willenhall today!

Aparantly this is a known problem and there is a modification which came in at about our chassis number which is supposed to sort the problem. They want to look at the car to see if we have had the mod and if not will carry it out.

Will try and get the car in next week for them to look at and will try to get more details of the mod and post them here.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Water In Door Sills - Mod

Ian,

Did your dealer say what the mod is ?

·
Registered
128 Posts
It is something to do with the channels on the rear side window. Will get full details when I am in next week.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Dealer did the mod this morning, or took an hour checking that it was already done!

It is a modification to the seals at the front edge of the rear side window (in the door shut area). The dealer would not give me a copy of the modification or even the number (VW Confidential). Will take a picture of the "after" at the weekend and see if it makes any difference!

·
Registered
128 Posts
After torrential rain last night it is better, but not cured.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts