Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many people on this forum has had this issue and how did you get it resolved? Did you have to pay for it or was it covered under the warranty?

I need as much help I can get to prove my point! My 2008 Eos is sitting at the dealership with a broken top that cannot go up or down and they are trying to charge me for something that I know is covered under the warranty - so I need extra ammo to fight this one! thanks to everyone for responding!

·
Growing old disgracefully
239 Posts
I did have a problem with water in the boot and it naturally collected around the pump and soaked into the foam packing. This worried me as I could see corrosion setting in and ruining a very expensive piece of kit.

As the EOS is still under warranty I have had all the boot seals replaced and so far (only one day of rain though since it was done) all is ship shape. Ha ha, that's tempting fate ain't it!

The pump is similar to the Peugeot 306 Cabriolet pump and these are advertised on fleabay for £500 (I have no idea what a stealer would ask for one but it's gonna be steep)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Topless
the "stealer" is asking for $1500!!
I know I am in a big fight because I refuse to pay for it especially when the car is still under warranty!!

·
Growing old disgracefully
239 Posts
That sounds all wrong to me, if the boot leaks and that causes damage to something else that must be covered by the warranty, hell, don't you just love dealerships

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Hi, I've been quiet since wifey got a 2007 tdI Sport last Xmas and not much leak wise has gone wrong with it SINCE.

However, We bought it used from a UK VW dealer and during inspection using my digital multimeter, I found wet carpets in the trunk and front nearside passenger footwell. The plating on the tools also looked as if they had been in a humid environment. This was a car that was supposed to have been through VW's own pre-sale used car checks. Obviously they don't have $10 multimeters!

Before taking delivery of the car, IT WAS IN THE DEALERS BEING REPAIRED FOR 7 WEEKS!!!!!

So what did they do as it was covered by VW 3 year warranty?

They stripped out the entire car of just about everything in the cabin. I didn't see it, but wifey might have fallen out of love with it if she had seen it. They wouldn't say what the labor cost was, but I gather it was so high I probably wouldn't have been able to afford it if it wasn't under warranty

All carpets were replaced,

The trunk seal was replaced together with new type (?) front seals.

So far I haven't seen any more leaks, but I'm watching out for the tell tale signs of condensation build up on the insides of the windows.

I shall be doing regular Krytox lube from now on!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi i also have a lot of moisture in the boot and have kept it under control by putting a small bag of silica gel next to the roof pump this absorbs all moisture but needs taking out when it gets wet through drying and then putting back, bit of a ball ache but my god it works atreat a dry boot !!!! rick atkinson

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
Good idea for small amounts of water, but it should not be a permanent fix for such an expensive car. Silica gel has a theoretical limit to the amount of water it will absorb and remember it will be absorbing from the atmosphere on damp wet days. Not a solution for our friends in humid climates.

You can re-juvenate silica gel by leaving it to dry out in an electric oven, perhaps when you are cooking your Sunday roast!

It would be interesting to weigh it when dry, then again when you are replacing/drying it out to see how much water it has absorbed. Also you will get an idea when it has reached its full capacity of water absorption.

:):)If we put a 10 kilo bag of silica gel in the boot, it it might solve all the leaks. Better still a small air compressor or one of those bouncy castle inflators kept running all the time would stop water getting in.:):):

1 - 7 of 7 Posts