Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what the weight distribution of the EOS is?

Most front drive cars are about 60% front, 40% rear.

Obviously there would be two figures for the EOS - roof up and roof down. I would guess that in the latter configuration it might be 50%/50%, which might explain why it handles so well but suffers from poor traction.

Just curious. :D

·
Save the manuals!
474 Posts
Using the F/R weights listed on VW's website for a 2010 USDM 2.0 TSI Eos, it breaks down to about 57%/43% F/R [58%/42% with DSG].

Calling the roof assembly 200lb (it may be lighter) yields 51%/49% [52%/48% DSG] for top-down driving. 50%/50% is a good guess!

With the roof down, the car should have more balanced handling, with less push. Less body roll, too, with the roof positioned lower.

·
Registered
85 Posts
yes but it also loses torsional rigidity, but with the wind in your hair, who cares :)

·
Save the manuals!
474 Posts
yes but it also loses torsional rigidity, but with the wind in your hair, who cares :)
Exactly! Nonetheless, I'm still amazed how little cowl shake there is in the Eos with the top down, compared to our previous convertible. VW designed the car as convertible from the get-go, and you can really tell the difference between it and ones that weren't.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Im new to the CONVERTABLE life.. Had my eos for several months..

I test rode a conv. mustang and that thing SHOOK like it was a wet and scared dog.. It was a horrible experience.

I have not had any issues with the EOS.. i think because its built to be a convertable, whereas the mustang is sliced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts