Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
well i am in Wales
judging by the amount of eos's i have seen though, err none, i would be talking to myself

·
Registered
59 Posts
Pacemaker

Do you think I would qualify to speak to you, living the other side of Chester !!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen one other , the one I rejected at the dealers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just on Wales / Shropshire border

I am just 3 miles from the Wales border and took delivery of my EOS yesterday - 1st Sept.
Does any one know for certain whether the VED 12 month fee is included in the EOS base price. According to the price booklet it is included but the dealer has added the cost in again on the invoice.

Also I ordered factory-fitted cruise control but when I got home and looked at thr invoice in detail I saw that they had charged £150 for retro-fit cruise control. It gets worse though because the retro-fit cruise hadn't been fitted. When I rang the dealer they said it was on back order. They had quite happilly taken my money and not mentioned the cruise control.

I am thinking of cancelling the cruise control since the retro fit is considerably cheaper than the factory fitted version and is probably not the same "animal".

I have doubts as to whether the dealer in Oswestry actually performed the PDI properly (won't mention names, but part of a large UK group), since there is a rattle like a "bag of spanners" from the top of the drivers door when the roof is down and windows up.

Currently I am very disappointed with VW. On delivery the dealer asked me whether they had done enough for me to give them 5 out of 5 in the VW customer satisfaction survey - currently they will be getting minus 5. I will see how they perform in the next week.

My previous car was a Honda Accord Type S 2.4 Vtec and the build quality of the Honda was in a far superior category. The Honda never had a single warranty issue and never had even a rattle - lesson here - stick to Honda in future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Well if you score them low the saleman can lose his commission so let them know you will score them very badly.

I had an Accord Type R and got annoyed at how many rattles and visits to TRY and fix it I had. It can be the luck of the draw I'm afraid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
VW Customer Satisfaction Survey

Thanks for the advice, I will visit the dealer on Monday and let them know that they will not be getting a good score - nothing like a little incentive for them to get things right!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
That takes a helluva lot of nerve ... to ask for a 5 when they did a suspect job. I would list ALL your issues and give them a week to remedy them or you will give them a poor score together with an official complaint!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the advice, I will visit the dealer on Monday and let them know that they will not be getting a good score - nothing like a little incentive for them to get things right!!
I would put something in writing to the dealer principal today. State you are unhappy and are considering rejecting the car as below standard. As mentioned above give them a week to sort or threaten to reject. Doing this now will help if you have bought a problem car. I cant stress how important it is to put into writing and also if the car is on finance to let the finance company know you are not happy

·
Registered
295 Posts
hi go to the MD VW UK it works wounders. He don't like bad dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts