Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must admit I have really enjoyed this Eos, she has been virtually trouble free from day one with one exception a broken O/S/R spring. That aside I'm afraid it's me, I get bored with cars after about 2 - 3 years so decided to look for my next set of wheels. I tried the Hooligan Golf R cabriolet, my god that's one quick car and I would have bought it except for two things, one the sales manager would not move on my trade in price which to say was derogatory and my Mrs was scared lol. So in the end I settled for a fully loaded 2013 Audi A5 2.0 TFSI Quattro S line special edition. I have never owned a car this side of the VAG so it is nearly all new to me. I'm not saying good by as you never know what the future holds and I might just buy a third Eos, I will pop back now and again and if anyone is interested the Eos is on Ebay and Auto trader.

Mick

·
Super Moderator
2,232 Posts
mickjane2,

Very sad to hear of your departure from Eos ownership however I think there is better than even chance you will return to the fold after your dalliance with Audi ;););).

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said silvershadow never say never.

Mick

·
Registered
33 Posts
Enjoy your new VW!

·
Super Moderator
2,232 Posts
Like I said silvershadow never say never.

Mick

After passing the classic "3 score years plus 10", I more than most know the truth and history inherent in your "never say never" comment :):):):)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I new it would take something special to replace the Eos and I think this is the one, I did consider the 3 series BMW but I've always thought they looked a bit dated on the inside compared to the Eos.

Mick

·
Registered
26 Posts
I new it would take something special to replace the Eos and I think this is the one, I did consider the 3 series BMW but I've always thought they looked a bit dated on the inside compared to the Eos.

Mick
How are you feeling about the ragtop vs hardtop difference?

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I enjoy the speed that the roof is folded or put up, but the best bit is I can put the roof up at thirty mph. Downside is it’s not as spectacular as the Eos roof is when operated. I have just collected the car and done a one hundred and thirty plus trip back home, only problem was the sun was shining and I travelled with the roof down so can’t comment on noise difference between them with roof up. Must say the Audi windbreaker is far more sturdier than the Eos and I a love the extra power and grip provided by the 2.0 TFSI Quattro Sline.

Mick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
411 Posts
It's a shame that you are leaving the Eos fold but I understand (like you I also get bored after a few years so I'll probably do my tinkering with mine then decide to move on in a couple of years too).

The Audi sounds like a great move and I quite fancy one as my next car.

Another shame is we never got to meet up but you never know if you ever decide to get a 3rd and I still have mine there's a chance.

Take it easy mate and happy motoring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been itching to get a new car too but... I would only get a hardtop convertible! There aren't many options out there for hardtops, that I have seen under $50k (most are over $80k) and I am not sure I want to spend that much when my EOS is still in great condition!

Last year, my sister traded in her 2013 EOS Komfort for a 2018 brand new Audi Convertible. 2 weeks later she woke up to her worst convertible nightmare.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been itching to get a new car too but... I would only get a hardtop convertible! There aren't many options out there for hardtops, that I have seen under $50k (most are over $80k) and I am not sure I want to spend that much when my EOS is still in great condition!

Last year, my sister traded in her 2013 EOS Komfort for a 2018 brand new Audi Convertible. 2 weeks later she woke up to her worst convertible nightmare.
OMG did someone slice the roof?! That’s a pretty convenient looking rectangle cut

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure about the availability in your respective country, but you really should try to get a ride in a Tesla Model 3 before buying your next car. It will change how you look at all other cars. But no convertible *sigh*.

VW should have a new EV out later this year. Just take a ride, EV's drive really different.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not sure about the availability in your respective country, but you really should try to get a ride in a Tesla Model 3 before buying your next car. It will change how you look at all other cars. But no convertible *sigh*.

VW should have a new EV out later this year. Just take a ride, EV's drive really different.
The trouble with Tesla over here is the very inflated price tag and the fact that they are built like washing machines with many reliability issues. When VW, Jaguar/Land Rover and BMW release their new range of all electric vehicles at a much more affordable price and longer range on a full charge I think Tesla will struggle, and considering they still haven't earned a profit it could just push them to extinction IMHO.

Mick

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I'm afraid vandalism is a problem all over, and the fact that they can't slash an Eos roof doesn't mean they can't put a brick through the glass sunshine roof.

Mick

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a shame that you are leaving the Eos fold but I understand (like you I also get bored after a few years so I'll probably do my tinkering with mine then decide to move on in a couple of years too).

Another shame is we never got to meet up but you never know if you ever decide to get a 3rd and I still have mine there's a chance.

If you guys ever organise a ride I'll drop by with my A5 if I'm still welcome lol. I have been to the dark side before Kristlee, I sold my first 08 Eos TFSI and bought a Golf convertible so in another three to four years who knows.

Mick

·
Registered
26 Posts

“EV’s”=Electric Vehicles?

·
Registered
411 Posts

If you guys ever organise a ride I'll drop by with my A5 if I'm still welcome lol. I have been to the dark side before Kristlee, I sold my first 08 Eos TFSI and bought a Golf convertible so in another three to four years who knows.

Mick
Of course you'll be welcome lol.

You have more Eos blood in you than a lot of us, I'm still a relative newbie to the Eos being my first one and only having it for just under 2 years.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of course you'll be welcome lol.

You have more Eos blood in you than a lot of us, I'm still a relative newbie to the Eos being my first one and only having it for just under 2 years.

Thanks Kristlee I appreciate that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 32 Posts