Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

What color do you have?

What Color do you have?

7K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  geedee 
#1 ·
Interesting to see what color is the most popular....

#3 ·
As I am from the UK, I don't recognise some of the colours on the survey. Could someone better informed explain the difference between Eismer Blue and Thunder blue?

Would it be worth doing the same kind of survey on a national level too to see the breakdown for each country?

#5 ·
Mine being Shadow Blue, I guess the Eismeer is closer than the Thunder Blue as we have a darker blue here in the UK.

Nice pictures by the way.

#6 ·
Color chart... UK colors with equivalent US color

Black - Flat black, but close enough to Black Uni for this survey
Paprika Red - same color
Deep Black Pearl Effect - black uni
Island Grey Pearl Effect - island gray
Leonie Blue Metallic - eismeer blue
Midnight Blue Metallic - thunder blue
Shadow Blue Metallic - a little lighter than thunder... actually wish this was offered in the US, but close enough to thunder blue for the survey
Silver Essence Metallic - same color
Wheat Beige Metallic - same color

#10 ·
Silver Essence Metallic I think? mine has a slight tint of blue in it.

#11 ·
Well, when I first viewed this little beasty it was in red. However, when I went to the local dealer they didn't do it in this country in that red..hmmm, so who exactly decided that little gem? Now wouldn't it be good if we were able to choose ANY colour that we wanted. Thing is, could the dealers cope with such a radical change? Who will be brave enough to launch such options to the public at large? Who? Well???

#30 ·
Wat Colour !

Surprise Surprise !!!!!!

Would you believe the VW/Audi group have just done it !

I went for a test drive in an A5 last week and was offered
as an option (I think it is available from Nov) any colour I want for a small consideration of £5,000 !!!!! (Extra of course)

They will match your wallpaper, house paint, spouse, dog
and probably your bum !!! in fact anything, so they claim.

Just debating which of the above to have.......................

#12 ·
Would also be interesting to see whether those with the dark colours are men and more of a m/f spilt with the ligher / brighter colours

#15 ·
My beautiful car is eismeer blue ( German for ice lake blue). The beige interior is very nice albeit a challenge to keep clean. I am a handsome male. So in theory that means light blue can go both ways...lol:D
I have the same combination as you, Good choice !
I've started using leather wipes, to keep the seats clean, they are quite handy , amazing how dirty they get, but still glad I went for beige.
Female !!!!

#16 · (Edited)
Horse Race

This is like calling a horse race ........... from the post, Eismeer Blue took an early lead, followed closely by his stable-mate, Thunder Blue. Paprika Red, Candy White, and Wheat Beige are lagging well behind the pack, and it looks like Wheat Beige could head directly for the glue factory (see the 2008 colour changes!) . They are nearing the finish line and it is now neck and neck between Eismeer Blue and Silver Essence. Anybody want to call the finish? Cheers!:)

#18 ·
Hi, I have just placed an order for my 2.0 TFSI Eos, 10 weeks and counting! I have gone for shadow blue with cornsilk beige. Very indecisive on the colour and I have a bit of time to change it - has anyone got this combo? Is the beige a real pain to keep clean?

#19 ·
Hi Lucy,

We placed our order back in April and couldn't decide on the colour at first so we went with the black with cream leather. We then went to see a Shadow Blue Eos in High Wycombe and at that point decided that we would stick with the black paint.

We also decided that we would not go with the cream leather as the demo in question was not very old at all but the interior was rather grubby. No dis-respect to cream leather owners at all, we think the cream leather is the nicest of them all, but with our kids, we would need to clean it every five minutes.

We ended up shelling out the extra £600 for the red nappa.

#22 ·
Thanks All, hmm thinking black leather may be the best bet as kids are on the horizon...! do love the thunder blue and black leather in your pics - going into dealer again today to decide. Gutted as left my brochure at home today and can't sit at work with the pic propped up behind my computer to drawl over - very sad, will have to get another!

BTW I have on order the TDI, not TFSI as stated above (?!), be interested to hear how it drives as test drove the TFSI, but have driven a golf TDI and was more than happy!

#23 ·
You can download a brochure from VW's website. You need one at your desk as well as by your bed, on your living room table and on the kitchen table!

#24 ·
Hi Lucy,
I know its decisions decisions decisions, and your always a lil unsure on your choice of colour combinations when you have not actually seen it infront of you. I have odered the shadow blue with the corrnsilk beige interior. Was convinced my choice would be silver with red interior. but when my test drive car turned up it was shadow blue and cornsilk beige and to me it was a completely stunning combinaton. no one was more surprised as me as i had already on paper dismissed both shadow blue as being a quality street colour and beige leather as way to much hard work to keep looking good. so maybe i should learn to not pre judge things. as i am 100% sure of my decision although very surprised by it.
hope all goes well for you Lucy keep us informed

#26 ·
I went for the TDi in spite of the dealer pressing me to go for the petrol model. Never regretted it for a moment. Love the grunt in second and third and the range is brilliant. Never do less than 500 miles to a tankful. I was also pleased to find out that it is in a relatively low road tax bracket here in the UK because of low emissions. I pay £135. Is that also the case with the petrol (gas) models?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.