Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I would like to order an EOS ASAP....but my problem is that I can't decide on the colour to go for. I'm a male in my early 30's and was considering the wheat beige....but somehow this colour seems more suitable for a girl? Or am I being silly? I haven't seen any of the colours in the flesh (other than black).

I've looked at all the pics on this site and I'm torn between the black and the wheat beige. What does the Paprika Red look like? Anyone got any pics of this?

In terms of model, I've made up my mind on the 2.0T Sport. Would appreciate any comments on the standard alloys. Is it worth upgrading to any of the other options?

All views would be appreciated

Cheers

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi there

I would like to order an EOS ASAP....but my problem is that I can't decide on the colour to go for. I'm a male in my early 30's and was considering the wheat beige....but somehow this colour seems more suitable for a girl? Or am I being silly? I haven't seen any of the colours in the flesh (other than black).

I've looked at all the pics on this site and I'm torn between the black and the wheat beige. What does the Paprika Red look like? Anyone got any pics of this?

In terms of model, I've made up my mind on the 2.0T Sport. Would appreciate any comments on the standard alloys. Is it worth upgrading to any of the other options?

All views would be appreciated

Cheers

I have the Paprika red posted on the photos page. Its under the New Red Toy - Texas thread.

Wanda

·
Registered
113 Posts
hiya Bozzie,

I agree with Wanda, it is lovely in red with black leather. If you aren't going for this and your not in the uk, i think white with black leather looks nice! Black and silver certainly seem to be most popular but it is really personal choice! the eos really doesn't come in any bad colours and i also don't think any of them are too girly! if your really worried about that though, go for a dark colour or red! :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
I havent seen or heard of anyone with the dark grey.
That would be nice with red leather
Standard sport alloys I think are the best. Although multi spoke with an alloy brush they are easily to clean. But they do get dirty quick, or show the dirt. Ive supagard mine today, so will see if they stay cleaner longer!!!!1

Laura

·
Registered
215 Posts
Island Grey

Yes I think the grey will look nice too - so I ordered one with the cream [sorry, cornsilk!] leather as I think the two differing 'heats' of the colours [one cool, the other warm] will offset each other nicely. Just a 'think' at this moment as it doesn't arrive until next month, probably too late to post a photo if you're about to order?!?

I did pass a grey in Reading last month and on a wet drizzly Reading morning it looked good, but that brief sighting is the only one I have seen!

Paul:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked white. Classy color, showing a little dirt. But the color will never get old.
Keeps the car cooler. I went through all the color choosing, too. I just love the
white the best. But you can't go wrong with any.

45 year old male.

Jack

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes I think the grey will look nice too - so I ordered one with the cream [sorry, cornsilk!] leather as I think the two differing 'heats' of the colours [one cool, the other warm] will offset each other nicely. Just a 'think' at this moment as it doesn't arrive until next month, probably too late to post a photo if you're about to order?!?

I did pass a grey in Reading last month and on a wet drizzly Reading morning it looked good, but that brief sighting is the only one I have seen!

Cream leather nice but anightmare when roof is down, will get dirty quick.
I like my black or they call it titanium leather. Dont show dirt but when wiping it down. You see benefit of dark leather.

Laura

·
Registered
215 Posts
leather to clean

Hi Laura...yep, did consider that. But depends on your starting point - I drive about 40k annually in a company vehicle and up until now it hasn't been a sound economical move to invest in leather in my other cars - so have had 'light' coloured fabric in the last few - now try cleaning that! All the retail cleaners do is create larger and larger damp stains - so cleaning the leather should be a doddle in comparison!?????

I may of course be wrong in terms of the colour [I did hanker after a black/black combo but my wife wasn't having any of it!], but having a convertible that WASN'T leather seemed a silly move as the resale price is severely affected by that in this particular market

If anyone has any 'user' experience with the lighter leathers in terms of durability and cleaning, too late for me to change but would be good to hear!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hiya Bozzie,

I agree with Wanda, it is lovely in red with black leather. If you aren't going for this and your not in the uk, i think white with black leather looks nice! Black and silver certainly seem to be most popular but it is really personal choice! the eos really doesn't come in any bad colours and i also don't think any of them are too girly! if your really worried about that though, go for a dark colour or red! :D
Thanks for your replies everyone

Lynne, I am in the UK. Still haven't quite made up my mind. At this stage it's still a toss up between the black and the red. I think I'll sleep on it for one more night and then finally try and make a decision!

·
Registered
113 Posts
ok! let us know what you decide!!!! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
now that ive seen my silver essence,im sure i made a good choice.when its cloudy and dark it looks a bit blueish-silver but when sunny it looks more silver

·
Registered
215 Posts
Lucky!

Candy White all the way, I love my EOS 2.0t in white.. makes the car just pop with the dark tinted glass roof.

Z
I wonder why VW don't sell the white in the UK? They're made in the same place and painted in the same place so can't cost any more to produce, and I think it would sell well - I would have considered it as a colour!

·
Registered
113 Posts
i think they just like us to be behind in the times in the UK! :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
I saw a black on black a the dealer today... figured if I constantly bug them, maybe I will get it sooner. 16 days and counting.

·
Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
I wonder why VW don't sell the white in the UK? They're made in the same place and painted in the same place so can't cost any more to produce, and I think it would sell well - I would have considered it as a colour!

White is a complete no-no secondhand; you go to a dealer with a white car to trade in and they can't disappear out the back fast enough...

However - white IS the new black and within 2/3 years (i.e. 2/3 years behind the rest of Europe) white will be cool again. Only then will VW offer it in the UK. If only they were Leaders and not Followers...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
1,129 Posts
White is a complete no-no secondhand; you go to a dealer with a white car to trade in and they can't disappear out the back fast enough...

However - white IS the new black and within 2/3 years (i.e. 2/3 years behind the rest of Europe) white will be cool again. Only then will VW offer it in the UK. If only they were Leaders and not Followers...
Looking at the US TV adverts for the Golf GTI they seem to be really pusing white as the cool colour to have. At least in the UK it seems to be silver (most car makers) are pushing in TV adverts and brochures, As you say it's likely that the same situation will arrive in the UK eventually.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I saw a black on black a the dealer today... figured if I constantly bug them, maybe I will get it sooner. 16 days and counting.
And how did it look Seth? That is the colour combo I'm considering.

Anyone know if the EOS will have a decent resale value. I'm in the UK but probably only going to be here for 12 more months so will then have to sell.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts