Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every car I have ever owned I have named except my EOS(until now) as I could not think of something appropriate.

In 23 years of motoring I have owned 10 cars, my last for almost eight years.

My dad passed away on 18th May 2008 after an illness of SIX days, yes im gutted but I will get through it.

So in his memory my car now has a name.

My EOS is called SID and im very proud of that.

What do you call yours and why.

Rob

· Registered
68 Posts
I can't say i've named my gorgeous Eos of approx 7 days and a few hours but i felt the need to add a post and send you my condolences and best wishes. I think naming cars is great and perfectly normal and i hope that yours brings a smile to your face and constantly reminds you of happy times gone by and to come. Take care,

Mark x

· Registered
300 Posts
Best wishes in those hard times!
There was a discussion about EOS nicknames last fall on this forum. You may want to search for it.
Mine's named "Kitty EOS" ; no reason, just came out as the right name, both caring and personal...
Enjoy Open Skies
Fred

· Registered
682 Posts
Sorry to hear about your dad thinking of you at this sad time.

My car is called Snobbers :) because of his numberplate SN08 EOS

take care

love and best wishes

Steph xx

· Registered
799 Posts
Barchetta, sounds like you had one great 'Sid' and now have another !
Hope Sid 1 got to enjoy Sid 2 with you for a while.
SK2 & Gary

· Registered
92 Posts
Condolences Barchetta.

I call my Eos 'The Sieve'

eg, "Are we going in my car or yours tonight?"

"Well, it looks like a nice evening, we'll take The Sieve"

· Registered
222 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss Barchetta. Best wishes go to you and your family.
I havent named my Eos other than calling it "her" and my "baby". My sister used to have an SLK which she named Madeleine after our nanna who had died shortly before she got it. It was lovely calling the car that and im sure, in some small way, it might help you come to terms with your loss.

Regards Trish

· Registered
137 Posts
Mine's called Daffy after the last three letters of its reg - and inside I've got one of those small fluffy birds (a mallard duck) that quacks if you squeeze it. Oh dear !

· Registered
133 Posts
I have not called mine anything yet but my brother calls it the 'Ego' and my 7 replica colleagues rather cruely call it the 'Eeyore'! :rolleyes:

They are only jealous :)

· Registered
15 Posts
Ours is named in an appropriately geeky way...

The main "villain" in the video game Portal is named GlaDOS (Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System). But in the beginning she's actually really helpful, opening doors and giving you helpful advice like "don't touch the floor because it will kill you." That, and she keeps promising you cake.

After finding that the Eos locks the doors for us, cranks up the defrost in certain situations, turns up the heat when we open the top, closes the windscreen if we forget it, turns on the headlights and wipers when needed... "Gosh!" my husband said. "She's just like GlaDOS."

So, her name is GlaDOS because she's so helpful. Hopefully we don't get the "insane trying to kill everyone" part of her namesake. :D

· Registered
142 Posts
My wife has christened it "Eros" because he is black and very smooth and likely to score.
Her work car is "Sister Mary Betty" because it is white and like a car that nuns drive.

· Registered
74 Posts
Mr excited

My Eos is due to be delivered this morning!

This of course has made me very excited and I couldn't get to sleep last night. I was listening to the rain pounding down and hoping that the weather forcast (dry for D Day) was correct. As the minutes clicked by I got to thinking about naming it.

This is not something I do with my cars usually but this time I thought it would be good to do as the car has character (my old car never deserved to be called anything other than IT).

The first name that came to mind was Humphrey. I like this name as it reminds me of the old milk advert "Watch out, there's a Humphrey about".

Next came James, my elder daughter tunred 18 last Tue and two of her friends are both called James. They often wear black and are both Red Heads and as my Eos is black with red nappa I thought that would be amusing but cars owned by men should be female, so back to the drawing board.

Then all of a sudden, enlightenment. What about "Dawn". It's a good old fashioned girls name and of course Eos is the greek goddess of the dawn.

With that thought in my head I promptly fell asleep.

· Registered
799 Posts
Welcome to the club Dobbo & Dawn, tho I don't suppose you will get to read this for a while as you and Dawn will be spending a lot of time out on the road together! I never have and don't suppose ever will, name a car, mine is just called THE EOS!
Gary

· Registered
683 Posts
Welcome to the club Dobbo & Dawn, tho I don't suppose you will get to read this for a while as you and Dawn will be spending a lot of time out on the road together! I never have and don't suppose ever will, name a car, mine is just called THE EOS!
Gary
I have not named my EOS but the GPS has a name .... "Chuck" He keeps me on the straight and narrow. My wife has one as well in her Passat .... name is "Charlene" and both the GPS and my wife are directionally challenged. Hence the female name!
Cheers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.