Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone, I wanted to change the reverse light switch but unfortunately when i removed it i removed also this little black piece near the gearbox. A little bit of oil has run out . I think it is gearbox oil. I replaced it but i hope it's not broken. I checked gearbox oil, it's ok. So i wanted to know if somebody know what is this piece, and if it is dangerous to remove and replace it. My eos is a 2006 2.0TDI 140, Manual gear box, left hand drive. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2,308 Posts
Air bleed outlet to prevent air locks when filling the transmission with fluid??

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I won't remove my Tdi engine tray to look and it's doubtful anybody else will. I can't see much through the engine bay clutter topside? Apparently there is more than one manual box version.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Here's a diagram of a gearbox for your year of Eos. It looks like the part you are referring to is some kind of locking pin for the selector shaft.
Here's one page about it from the service manual and here's another that should help you refit the part correctly.

Don't worry that those service manual pages are from different models, they both apply to the 02Q manual gearbox in your Eos - there are several different codes for the 02Q gearbox as voxmagna says, but this part is identical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts