Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Newbie Eos Owner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting some regional feedback/comraderie. Where are the members?

I had a question about aux in for my android note 3. I see iPod connector between the seats but no universal aux in port.

...but I don't know if any members are checking the site!

·
Rated EE: Eos Enthusiast
1,256 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,341 Posts
I was wanting some regional feedback/comraderie. Where are the members?

I had a question about aux in for my android note 3. I see iPod connector between the seats but no universal aux in port.

...but I don't know if any members are checking the site!

Hold your horses and let's face a few facts about forums such as this:

1. Members are not the repository of all knowledge about all things.

2. Not everyone will have previously experienced what ever problem you have requested advice on. This forum is dedicated to the Eos and not VW vehicles in general thus restricting the number of participating members.

3. Sometimes members post problems that have never been encountered before and some time must elapse before a solution is found and documented

4. Members who may have knowledge might be otherwise engaged and unable to share their knowledge straight away.

6. The member with the problem may have not made any effort to test the equipment involved in the "problem" to make sure it is working properly and documented these tests in their request for advice.

7. Solving the problem may require professional expertise and diagnostic equipment which is obviously beyond the capabilities of this forum.

8. Inexperienced DIY "fixers" with little or no knowledge can create additional problems and then blame whoever provided information in the first place creating inappropriate and unnecessary resentment which can result in these knowledgeable members ceasing to be active forum members.

The reason you did not get a response may be one or more of the above factors.

Did you seek advice from your local VW dealer or auto sound system installer?

Did you look on other general VW forums to see if owners of other VW models with similar car audio equipment had experienced your problem?

If you find a solution, would you post the outcome for the benefit of other members or just disappear from the forum [this happens more often than it should and regular contributors may eventually give up offering assistance due to the lack of feedback and frustration with repetitively answering the same questions over time when the poster could have found the information they needed with a simple search of the forum but were too lazy to do so]?

Your comments may have been "tongue-in-cheek" and not intended to cause offence - - I took them differently as may be seen by my response as it appears less than 24 hours has elapsed between the posting of the request and the comment.

silvershadow

·
Newbie Eos Owner
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replies. I Checked all forums...not just regional one. I actually have an android phone but the 2008 Eos I bought has an iPod dock and NO aux-in. I tried an iPod(30 pin) Bluetooth adaptor. It paired but nothing happens with android phone. I'd like to rip out iPod dock and get parts to put aux in jack aftermarket.
Has anybody else had this issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts