Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm considering to buy this cool 2012 Eos TSI. Everything looks and works nice but during a test drive I noticed a whistling sound when I accelerate softly. I think it's coming from the engine. When I push the pedal further the noise goes away but press it a little bit and it whistles. Also there was a "Service now" message on the screen, i wonder if those are related. I appreciate your thoughts and advice.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
"Service now" means that the service indicator was last reset over a year ago, which means it needs a service. It doesn't indicate any specific issues, but may say something about the previous owner's attitude to maintenance, depending on what other evidence you have.

The whistling sound will most likely be from the turbo. The question is whether it's the sound the turbo should be making, or a sound that indicates there's some problem or other with the turbo. You can check YouTube for "TSI turbo sound" to hear what it should sound like, then search for "TSI broken turbo sound" and see if you can find something that's similar to what you're hearing.

Someone who knows the TSI engine may be able to give you an opinion if you can record the sound and upload it somewhere.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts