Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just a quick post to show you what I’ve come up with to absorb water that gets into the cabin whenever it’s wet / raining and you open the door to get in our out.
It’s a UniBond Aero 360, about £5 from a local supermarket. As my wife’s car doesn’t get a lot of usage this time of year, it used to get very slight mist / haze on the inside windows as the temp would change indicating that there was some moister in the car . The roof doesn’t leak so it’s a case of water getting in when the door is opened and water drips in.
Anyway just make sure you stand it on a towel and empty it every now and then and remove from the car before driving. I’ve been surprise at the amount of water collected and the mist has gone

Wishing all EOS owners a happy new year .... and no brake downs in 2018
Regards

Attachments

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hi,
Just a quick post to show you what I’ve come up with to absorb water that gets into the cabin whenever it’s wet / raining and you open the door to get in our out.
It’s a UniBond Aero 360, about £5 from a local supermarket. As my wife’s car doesn’t get a lot of usage this time of year, it used to get very slight mist / haze on the inside windows as the temp would change indicating that there was some moister in the car . The roof doesn’t leak so it’s a case of water getting in when the door is opened and water drips in.
Anyway just make sure you stand it on a towel and empty it every now and then and remove from the car before driving. I’ve been surprise at the amount of water collected and the mist has gone

Regards
Hi Rob,

I had the same idea too, not the same UniBond as yours but a set of 4 disposable moisture collection pots (2 large & 2 small) and 2 small hanging bags that I bought from The Range.

Before I went back to sea I placed 2 small pots in the spare wheel well, 1 large pot in the passenger door card pocket, the remaining large pot in recess behind the hatch in the back seat and hung the 2 small hanging bags from the load space cover in the boot then put my Eos in the garage.

Upon my return almost 3 Months later, whilst my Eos had been sitting dry in the garage the 2 small bags were almost full of water, the 2 large pots had a bit of water in each and the 2 smaller pots were still dry so I have left them where they are.

Just goes to show that even if our cars appear dry there is trapped moisture just hanging around in them.

I had a drip problem before (blocked A pillar drains) which I fixed but my windows were still fogging over and even with advice from Voxmagna I was unable to truly trace any potential remaining dampness that was causing the fogging, placing moisture collection pots and bags around my Eos whilst it wasn’t in use and garaged seems to have done the trick of removing the moisture from wherever it was so I can recommend them also for Eos owners.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hi,

Regards

What a great idea, I to get the windows misting on hot days, and have never found a leak. Years ago when my father owned a small caravan he used to put a large pot of salt inside to absorb the moisture, it was always full of water after about a month.

Mick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Hi Rob,

I had the same idea too, not the same UniBond as yours but a set of 4 disposable moisture collection pots (2 large & 2 small) and 2 small hanging bags that I bought from The Range.

Before I went back to sea I placed 2 small pots in the spare wheel well, 1 large pot in the passenger door card pocket, the remaining large pot in recess behind the hatch in the back seat and hung the 2 small hanging bags from the load space cover in the boot then put my Eos in the garage.

Upon my return almost 3 Months later, whilst my Eos had been sitting dry in the garage the 2 small bags were almost full of water, the 2 large pots had a bit of water in each and the 2 smaller pots were still dry so I have left them where they are.

Just goes to show that even if our cars appear dry there is trapped moisture just hanging around in them.

I had a drip problem before (blocked A pillar drains) which I fixed but my windows were still fogging over and even with advice from Voxmagna I was unable to truly trace any potential remaining dampness that was causing the fogging, placing moisture collection pots and bags around my Eos whilst it wasn’t in use and garaged seems to have done the trick of removing the moisture from wherever it was so I can recommend them also for Eos owners.

I might just do the same KristLee.

Mick

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I might just do the same KristLee.

Mick

Honestly it’s definitely worth it imo, I was surprised to see the pots have a bit of water in them and the bags almost full, surprising actually how much moisture is unknowingly retained in our cars.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Honestly it’s definitely worth it imo, I was surprised to see the pots have a bit of water in them and the bags almost full, surprising actually how much moisture is unknowingly retained in our cars.

And what all that condensation does to them, even corroding HRW elements as well as rotting the carpets out.

Mick

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
And what all that condensation does to them, even corroding HRW elements as well as rotting the carpets out.

Mick

Yeah that’s why I left the couple of small pots in the car just to be on the safe side.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts