Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, where is the windscreen washer pump located on the Eos? When I operate the "stalk" I can hear the motor start but no water is pumped to the spray heads. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
Common problem is the cheap convoluted black plastic hose which is actually electrical wiring cover, will have split somewhere, usually at the bend on a corner of the hood. It's an absolute pig to repair and re-connect the break reliably. The motor is attached to the wash bottle, accessed by removing the front right inside plastic wheel arch cover. Removing the engine tray helps give additional access.

If the hose is split the best long term 'fit and forget' solution is to replace all the hose, including that running inside the plenum chamber with silicone thick wall vacuum hose. All the connectors, Tees and OE hose clips can be re-used. Seek and thou shall find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, where is the windscreen washer pump located on the Eos? When I operate the "stalk" I can hear the motor start but no water is pumped to the spray heads. Any help would be appreciated.
The pump is under the washfluid container. . If you see fluid on the graound and not coming out, it is a failure of the hard plastic hose used to transport the fluid from the tank to the spray head. I fixed mine with rubber hose The replacement plastic hose is no longer available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts