Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I have just found this group but I am really glad I did, because I <3 my EOS! :)

Anyway, unfortunately my girl was slightly vandalised during last week and had the wing mirror cap pulled off. I have bought a new one and had it sprayed today however I have a few questions:

1. How do i even go about replacing it? Does it just clip on? Really don't want to mess something up by accident :)
2. It appears to have a front to it as well as a back, however the front of my wing mirror has a small indicator light, where as the replacement does not. Does the existing plastic where this is located (still enacted) remain and this goes around it? Or something else?

I have attached some photos of what has happened to give some context.
Thank you all in advance!
Grace x

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Why not let your local body shop handle this small repair, so it can be done correctly? This repair should not cost much.

·
Registered
5,821 Posts
Perhaps the OP wants to invest some time to learn and do as much as possible for themselves - nothing wrong with that? If the other side gets damaged they can get their ducks in a row. I see lots of cars with damaged driver side mirrors with parts broken.

Getting some of these VW parts 'unpainted' is a pain because most body shops set a minimum rate which is fair for setting up and cleaning their paint kit afterwards. If I had to go to a body shop for that I would have a good look around the car and roll in any other touch up jobs.

I did notice something on my mirror covers when they came off. I always thought my EOS color (UK) was Leoni Blue. But inside the covers the paint color was stated as Eisemann blue which you guys often mention. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts