Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Soon to be EOS owner
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a year since I had any issues with the EOS, fantastic car but now a clumsy rear seat passenger has managed to trap their foot in the wiring under front passenger seat and in extracting said foot, pulled out a load of wires, disconnecting a few wires... easier if they disconnected foot!

Oddly nothing seems to have failed which worries me into thinking this is a sensor wire for seat belt tensioners or something else that will only be needed in an emergency.

I searched and failed to find a wiring diagram, does anyone have a diagram of the seating wiring? Or can anyone advise where I can get this? The car is a 2010 EOS diesel sport DSG (My wife's car - but I love the go-kart feel of it) but I imagine seat wiring is similar across the range. It does have heated leather seats.

thanks for reading and if anyone has heads up where I can get this info, I'll say thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,178 Posts
I don't like the way they hang all those wires under the seat. :( I had a go at making mine tidier, but you are still left with the wires dropping down from the heated seat pad.

PM me.

If you scan the car you can expect a bunch of fault codes stored if these wires are broken. The seat belt usually dings at the console if those wires aren't connecting. If side airbags were fitted and not proven you would get an airbag fault light on (mot fail). Heated seat is just for bum pleasure so I wouldn't expect dash warnings but a fault code may still register. The only way to make sure you get everything reconnected correctly is to rescan for faults afterwards. If you have the option with memory seat position and all that added complexity you have more of a challenge ahead.

·
Soon to be EOS owner
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying, however the weekend weather was just too good to be fiddling with the wiring... so nothing done yet! Definitely no warning lights, we don't have power seats & memory so that's fine. The seat belt lights seem to behave (so air bags and the like are probably OK if they just need a weight sensor to trigger them). I suspect the bum heater is likely the main culprit (I hope so!) haven't tried it, didn't want to trigger a fire with electrical short!

I plan to disconnect battery and then try to see where the wires came from and reconnect if possible using drivers side as reference. Battery disconnect is safe, last January the original battery died and it took a few days to switch battery because I dropped the securing bolt and couldn't find it until 3 days after event (grrrr!). No warning lights stayed on once reconnected and everything worked so I'm a little more confident it will be fine for an hour or so!

They really are poorly secured though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts