Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got to run a couple of wires from the engine bay to the center console for a mod.. Has anybody found a good route through the firewall?

From the engine bay I can see some huge wiring loom sections wrapped in foam, just to the rear and left of the battery at about screen level. I don't mind work to remove the glove box, but I'm not enthusiastic to remove the whole dash and trim. :(

I've been around and behind the cabin fuse box, but not on the opposite side.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
First you need to find where the wiring loom passes through the bulk head, then use some thing to pierce the rubber gaiter enough to pass your cable through. This is what I did on my Passat when I needed to word up my front fogs, it will mean removing the lower trim under the dash and a bit of standing on your head to see it I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I can see where the loom bundle in the engine bay is wrapped in some kind of foam and goes inwards through the bulkhead left side. I shall be looking for the same fat bundle coming inside. Our fuse boxes are on the right. I can't see yet if the same loom works its way across to the opposite side or if there's another entry point through the firewall on the right side?

A few times like this I've wondered about unbolting a front seat for better access? I've got the (12 spline?) torx tools and MY07 doesn't have too much wiring underneath.

I've worked out the V.W exhaust gas sensor technology which wasn't what I expected and I'm building a monitor to sit in the ash tray. You can see a lot with the paid for VAG DPF Android app and compatible OBDII scanner, but with 2 vag cars, I want something hard wired installed in both vehicles. A 2018 project!

·
Alaskaman
97 Posts
Okay, for the U.S. version, 2009 Lux anyway, I found a pass-through on the 'drivers side' (left) just to the left of the brake booster. Gotta pull the battery and box to get to it, but I ran a couple of #6 wires through for an after aftermarket amp/woofer that went in the middle of the rear seats. (Thanks to the member that posted that DIY!) It has a rubber boot and can be resealed against weather/water. It comes in close to the left quarter panel so I didn't have to move anything other than the plastic covers. Give it a look, it worked for me. I haven't pulled the seats yet, but have run wires down the middle using a snake. (Stiff wire, usually with a hook at one end, used to push/pull wiring)The audio to the sub goes through there. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, left side is where I want to go, I'll lift the battery for a look when the weather improves. What did you take off inside to get the other end through, I need to get into the ash tray through a small drilled hole? Taking out the radio is easy & creates a lot of space to look around in.

·
Alaskaman
97 Posts
I had to pull the left side panel, with the hood release level. It wasn't too hard. I also removed the overhead (under the dash) panel that hides the wiring, etc. over the pedals. this was actually one of the easier portions to do. once inside, it's a quick route to your 'ashtray'. Yes, pulling the radio is a quick, easy way to have room to see, move things and reach in. I'm getting 'more mature' and don't bend and twist like I used too. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts