Volkswagen Eos Forum banner

XM or Sirius Tuner location?

7112 Views 10 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Yaz
Anyone know where it is and how to remove it (details)? I want to pull out a Sirius unit and add a XM since I have a subscription in two other vehicles already and get a multi radio discount.

Please no "I like Sirius better comments". Thanks!
1 - 4 of 11 Posts
Hi Yaz. I heard that it is under the seats. Which one, I do not know. Where are you going to get your XM tuner? I am in the same boat as you, plus I hate the way Sirius cuts out all the time. I never had that problem with XM, and I had my antenna mounted inside my S2000.
I noticed that you have the NAV system. I think that only a XM module with the number 8E0 035 593 E will work.
I have been searching the web for an xm module and in doing so I came across some interesting info about what modules work with nav and which do not. Here is an excerpt:

Satellite receiver module for this car (North American parts only):

8E0 035 593/8E0 057 593 Sirius without RNS-E and without tire pressure monitoring system

8E0 035 593 A/8E0 057 593 A XM without RNS-E and without tire pressure monitoring system

8E0 035 593 D/8E0 057 593 D Sirius for RNS-E and/or with tire pressure monitoring system, works with Concert/Symphony as well

8E0 035 593 E/8E0 057 593 E XM for RNS-E and/or with tire pressure monitoring system, works with Concert/Symphony as well

Here is the link:

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec121.shtml

I hope this helps!!!
See less See more
Hi Yaz,

Did you ever get your issue fixed with the XM module? I purchased an XM module and hooked it up, but there was nothing, just am and fm stations. Did you have to call XM and activate the box before you saw something?
1 - 4 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.