Volkswagen Eos Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love it! I love it! I love it! :D

Beeeeaaaaauuutiful!

AND.....i got heated seats and a 6 disc changer which weren't mentioned on the original spec! :D

Sadly though....I have been told to come in - can't play anymore - got things to do (OH off to Cannes v early in the morning).

BUT.....I can play ALL DAY tomorrow (not at work).

Please dont' rain, please don't rain.....

~x~

(I might have to find a reason to pop out to the shop soon....)

· Registered
682 Posts
YAY!!!!!! welcome to ownership!!!!!

dont show off that you got the 6 disc multi changer i was told i was getting one but didnt :(

Glad you love your new car!!! show us some piccys

you can also change your sig to collected!!

Steph xxx

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They didn't do the autoglym though so I'm taking it back next Friday - they're lending me a car and I'll pick it up on the Saturday - so it'll be all nice n shiny again :D

They've diarised for 3 months for me to take it in and get it cleaned.... :p

I got bum warmers, I got bum warmers.....

~x~

· Registered
682 Posts
dont show off that you get it cleaned every 3 months you'll wash it more than that trust me! it took me a good 4 hours on sunday to do mine and i have the life shine on ect :D i used all the autoglym products on sunday too he's nice and shiny again yay! btw becareful when breaking as you've noticed the breaks are really sharp well alot of brake dust comes off them at first so your chicago's will get filthy after a day or so :)

Steph xxx

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:p sorry for showing off :p about my 6 disc changer and about my 3 month clean :p

Can I just show off for tonight? Promise I'll stop after that....

Now....how do I get some pics up? They're on Snapfish....

~x~

· Registered
111 Posts
Congrats you will love it and you are now heading towards summer in the Northern Hemisphere. No doubt you will be going topless many times. Will OH get a chance to drive your nice new car on his return ?????

· Registered
799 Posts
Don't worry about the warm weather poopedmummy, just as long as its not raining get your top down (excuse the phrase), deflector's up and bum warmers on (also lovely on your back) and ENJOY !!!!!

· Registered
300 Posts
Hey so refreshing to read someone so "enthusiastic" with their new baby!!!! :)

I have the 6 disc charger in my car, as well as the USB plug. I use the latter and only tried the charger on the first days. It is a one-slot/load many version, i.e. no bulky part invading my boot or other storage area of the car.. Is this also what you have?

So how many miles/kms on the first day of driving?
:cool:
Fred

· Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
I love it! I love it! I love it! :D

Beeeeaaaaauuutiful!

AND.....i got heated seats and a 6 disc changer which weren't mentioned on the original spec! :D

Sadly though....I have been told to come in - can't play anymore - got things to do (OH off to Cannes v early in the morning).

BUT.....I can play ALL DAY tomorrow (not at work).

Please dont' rain, please don't rain.....

~x~

(I might have to find a reason to pop out to the shop soon....)

Heated front seats are included automactically with the Nappa leather. 6CD changer seems to be a bit of a bonus though!

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heated seats come with Nappa? Oh? The Dealer seemed surprised too? Ah well...

About 60 odd miles today - gorgeous weather - and a big silly grin! :D

Yes, I have the single load disc changer. Problem is, I looked at my CD collection to decide what to put in it and I didn't want any of them! Will have to shop - although I have my iPod - would I have to get an iTrip to put it through the tuner?

I'm trying to persuade my son to go out again :rolleyes:

~x~

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well - that's encouraging!

Hi all

Just popped into the VW dealers to pick up a bottle of the recommended stuff for the roof seals. The guy on the desk didnt know what I was talking about so I went and got my manual to show him. He's ordered some in for Wednesday cos they don't have any in stock as they've never needed it?!

It's looking pretty overcast outside....fingers crossed - no leaks ;)

~x~

· Registered
23 Posts
I thought I was getting a 6 disc changers as well! However you can get round it by loading MP3's on to a CD and doing it that way. You can get nearly 6 CDs on a single disc in MP3 mode. What with that and the IPod connection, I can get from Land's end to John O groats without hearing the same thing twice (probably get back as well!!!!)

· L as in LAnMarc
188 Posts
G'day Pooped!
Before you buy an iTrip for your iPod, check whether you have an Aux socket in either your glovebox or centre console.
I may be wrong but I thought EOS's sold in Europe and the USA had an Aux-in socket as standard.
If so, all you need is a cable with 1/8th inch (3mm) stereo plugs at both ends to play your iPod (or any MP3 player) through your radio.
You should be able to get one of these at any electronics store, or any store that sells iPod accessories.

· Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi there

I have a jack to jack lead (is that what you mean?) I've only seen a 12v in the centre console - will check again later.

For anyone reading who has the 2.0 TDi - do you notice a hesitation when trying to accelerate quickly?

~x~

· L as in LAnMarc
188 Posts
Yes, the jack to jack lead is probably the right one.
One end plugs into the headphone socket of your iPod, the other identical jack into an aux-in socket.
You should find any aux-in socket at the back of the glovebox near the top right corner, or at the back of the storage compartment under the centre arm-rest (all we get in Australia is a blank).

As for the hesitation in the TDI when you press the accelerator quickly, that is just normal turbo-lag.
I had a Golf 1.9 TDI before the EOS and I don't remember it being as pronounced though.
It may improve as you get more miles on the engine (>6,500miles/10,000km).

Anyway, I'm off to the yearly "Day of the Volkswagen" at Glenelg.
Don't really expect to see any EOS's there, just beetles and kombi's, but you never know!

· Registered
300 Posts
Hello
EOS in France comes with iPOD connector or USB plug as optional for around 130EUR. No AUX as standard.
The DSG does exhibit a bit of lag when trying to accelerate especialy if it needs to gear down, but then pressing the pedal strongly and quickly does help it be more reactive... With all the electronics, it's like with ABS, it will only work if you are strong on the pedal...
Fred

· Complete Carnut
1,553 Posts
Heated seats come with Nappa? Oh? The Dealer seemed surprised too? Ah well...

About 60 odd miles today - gorgeous weather - and a big silly grin! :D

Yes, I have the single load disc changer. Problem is, I looked at my CD collection to decide what to put in it and I didn't want any of them! Will have to shop - although I have my iPod - would I have to get an iTrip to put it through the tuner?

I'm trying to persuade my son to go out again :rolleyes:

~x~

Shows how much (or rather how little..) some dealers know!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.